Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Price per hour for babysitter in Jerusalem

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:00 am
I'm in Israel now and I'm having a 14 year old girl babysit for my 2 kids. How much should I pay her an hour?

Zeleze

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:09 am
About 30 NIS I think

fiji

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:15 am
Israeli teenagers usually charge 15-20 nis an hour. Older teens/woman charge btwn 25-30

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:25 am
In your house or in a park?

Beware: I lived near a park and saw how Israeli teens "watch" kids. They dont. I called a mom whose three year old I found wandering in the street while the babysitter gabbed with her friends on a bench and she was like, "She's an amazing babysitter! It was a one time mistake."

It wasn't. The American moms are naive if they think their kids are being watched by these teens.

Lizzie4

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 12:54 pm
fiji wrote:
Israeli teenagers usually charge 15-20 nis an hour. Older teens/woman charge btwn 25-30

This is correct. You can ask her how much she takes, but it should be somewhere in the 15- 20 range.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 4:57 pm
You should ask her - it can range from 14 shekel to 35 shekel.

It really depends on several factors:
- Which neighborhood you live in (going rates can vary by up to 20 shekel one way or the other depending on the neighborhood)
- If the girls is a beis yaakov girl or a dati leumi girl (NOT because anyone is discriminating, but because they don't ask for the same amounts).

I live in a 'poorer' neighborhood (Kiryat Moshe / Givat Shaul area) -the beis yaakov girls charge 1 shekel per age (so a 14 year old charges 14 shekel). The dati leumi girls in the neighborhood are more likely to charge between 15 and 20. (Older gilrs can charge more). My friends who live in more 'upscale' neighborhoods (Katamon, Baka, Arnona, Armon HaNetziv) usually pay between 25-35 shekel per hour.

But really, just ask - they usually know or ask their friends for advice.

Shuly

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 6:15 pm
Ask her.
I always ask my babysitters and they always tell me a price.

salt

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 2:31 am
Where I live in Jerusalem, a teenager that age would take 15 NIS per hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children