Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Itching down there

amother

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:53 pm
I need some advise.
My daughter (8) has been itching herself for the last few days. She even wakes up from it.
I thought about pin worms and I've been told to check at night but I saw, on her private part a big off white (jelly type) spot and I think thats what makes her itch. Any idear what it could be Confused
I bought the med for pinworms but dont want to give it to her unless I'm really sure its that (which I'll check tonight)
but when I saw this spot I think that might be the problem. She also says it burns when she goes to the bathroom (probably cos her urine touches that spot.
I'm not sure what to do now. Any advise apreciated!
Thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:54 pm
I wrote the number eight (as thats her age) in between brackets and instead comes a smiley with sunglasses Confused shock

JMto2

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:58 pm
I would take her to the pediatrician to check it out it might be yeast or pinworms you do not want to play around with any of them especially since she is uncomfortable

Shif

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 12:58 pm
It could be a UTI (urinary tract infection) or a yeast infection. But, why don't you take her to the doctor to get a proper diagnosis....Pin worms, you would most likely see them (the worms).

amother

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 1:10 pm
Thanks everyone!
I'm for sure going to take her to the dr.
I was just thinking that if I see the worms tonight, there's no question about it, and I can start the med.
its just that I saw this spot which made me wonder..and wanted to see if anyone had this before.
It doesn't look like a yeast infection I think, as its a jelly like spot.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 2:27 pm
dd had that and the dr gave us a cream for when she's itchy. it worked well for us.

redhot

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 2:52 pm
sounds like a yeast infection but best bet is to take her to her doctor. Refuah shilaima!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 4:00 pm
the cream he gave us had some anti yeaast in it, I think. it was a prescription.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 10:24 am
looks like yeast infection but could also be a urine infection very easy to cure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics