Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Social Media Torches Trump for Thumbs Up-Obama did Same
Previous  1  2  3  4

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:17 am
When you hate someone you'll look for any thing

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 11:22 am
PinkFridge wrote:
And this is what gives me pause. When I hear say, Mike Gallagher chortle about the Tweets and how much people enjoy them and wish they could be as unfiltered, I'm concerned. OTOH you have Hugh Hewitt (who I'm not a major fan of but listen to) who wishes the president wouldn't tweet (and introduces Tweets in real time with a few bars of Rockin' Robin).

What people don't understand is that Trump's behavior is with precedent. Obviously, social media and the intrusion into every aspect of The President's life didn't exist.

But our Presidents have been cruder than Trump. Johnson would hold his cabinet meetings with the door open while he was on the bowl. Jackson taught his parrot to swear. Monroe chased his secretary of state with fire tongs. Kennedy's and Clinton's s-xual antics in the White House are disgusting and crude.

But it takes a certain amount of ruthlessness to rise to be President. Even Jimmy Carter was considered ruthless and mean.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 12:29 pm
Squishy, of course we know that there was decadence before, even within the last century. That doesn't mean we consider it a prereq. These debates were a whole new level of low.
Oh, and anyone who thinks that it's worth spending a billion dollars on him/herself to become president must have some level of ego.

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 12:59 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Squishy, of course we know that there was decadence before, even within the last century. That doesn't mean we consider it a prereq. These debates were a whole new level of low.
Oh, and anyone who thinks that it's worth spending a billion dollars on him/herself to become president must have some level of ego.

All those leaders have some ego.

Trump spent $957,000,000 of which $66 million was his own money. His opponent spent 1.4 billion. Trump spent far less than his opponent. They both also spent less than Obama and his opponent.

His first 6 months in office he made America 4 trillion richer. I say it was money well spent. On the theory a rising tide lifts all boats, I say it was also a well spent $66 million.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics