Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it appropriate/tactful to ask a person if they knew
Previous  1  2

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 1:43 pm
Asking this question would make me uncomfortable. Then again, I have a medical education from which I know that many issues are not seen on ultrasound and I’ve been in delivery rooms where such surprises have occurred. In the immortal words of Sam I Am- I would not, could not.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 2:03 pm
I don't take anonymous replies so seriously but I'm the last PC person... STILL you don't get to HURT others.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
Ouch, Ruchel, kinda harsh? OP simply asked about appropriateness in a situation she’s clearly unfamiliar with, which honestly I commend her for. Too many people either speak their minds with no filter, or else they shy away from saying anything at all.

That, to me, is among the greatest tragedies of the “PC Movement,” that people are automatically labeled insensitive, phobic, disgusting, racist, sexist, on and on, often just because they don’t know the correct terminology or understand the nuances of different issues. No one can know everything. Asking respectfully, and in the proper time and context, is always appropriate and should be encouraged and appreciated.

OP doesn’t know what’s okay or not okay so she asked. Plus, she has opened to discussion here so that more people can benefit from the information she’s seeking. As a mother who has faced some nosy but mostly well meant questions, I appreciate OP’s desire to learn how to approach these matters respectfully.

OP here. and OP knows very well if this is appropriate. not.
OP wanted to hear if she's delusional Confused or what so opened it to a discussion. based on the answer of all the nice ladies here, OP takes it that her mental clarity Surprised is b'H not impaired as of yet and now sends all yentas the other way Wave :arrow:

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 3:31 pm
I think Fox said everything there is to say on the subject.

I wish you a huge Mazel Tov, nachas, and all good things!

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 4:19 pm
I personally don't mind, but I don't think it's a polite question. If anyone ever asks you, the best answer is "why do you ask?"

BrachaBatya

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 9:45 pm
Rude! Please don't do it! That's sooooooooooooooooo inappropriate.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette