Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
BABY food

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 9:22 pm
WHat brand of baby food hasn’t a hechsher, specifically for stage 1? What do you use? (Don’t want to make my own if possible).

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 10:32 pm
In my experience most of them (that don’t have meat).

(Curious why the hesitation with making your own).

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 10:51 pm
I made my own and it was super simple. I just puréed some cooked veggies, chicken etc and put in covered ice cube trays. When frozen, I popped out and stuck in freezer ziplock bags with the date and flavor. Some just require a quick mash like sweet potatoes and carrots, especially when they eat bigger.
My kids loved it. I did buy unsweetened applesauce for them if I was out of the house or if it was too much a hassle to cook or more expensive because out of season like blue berries etc. (Pesach was the only time I made applesauce). So much cheaper and healthier!

If you want to buy, every flavor needs to be checked. Gerber is all not kosher as far as I found. Other companies have some that are but not all since it depends on if they process it with other stuff like meats.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 31 2017, 11:11 pm
Ella's kitchen and plum organics are kosher and available on Amazon but you need to check each variety. The ones with meat are not kosher. There are some others as well. Just look at the image and check for hechsher.

sweet

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 12:59 am
Babies don’t need baby food, puréed..
They have very strong gums, I gave them whatever I made for supper in smaller pieces.like chicken or bigger pieces like sweet potatoes and they fed themselves.
And honestly baby jars make me nauseous

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 2:29 am
Look up baby led weaning! Forget all those non-nutritious watery purees- give the same food as you eat and not pureed at all (just don't give whole nuts or popcorn as they are choking hazards, as well as milk as a drink or honey until 1)... even with just gums they can eat any normal food. My sons both started on meatballs and whole pieces of broccoli with pasta at 6 months. Stops fussy eating and no need to spend money or time making purees. Also, this way babies learn to eat in the right order - chew and then swallow - rather than first learning to swallow thin purees and then later having to re-learn how to chew before swallowing. I can't recommend it enough.

HavaNagila

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:31 am
Can anyone who formula fed their babies share experience, tips, and ideas for weaning off the bottle to eating full meals and snacks? When did you begin the transition? How did you do it?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:42 am
HavaNagila wrote:
Can anyone who formula fed their babies share experience, tips, and ideas for weaning off the bottle to eating full meals and snacks? When did you begin the transition? How did you do it?

Start encorporating solids at 6 months. Go from 1 'meal' a day to 2 then 3 with snacks. Formula still main source of nutrition till a year old. When baby turns a year start reducing formula intake (example, from 28 oz a day to 24, then to 20. We went to 18) and switch over to whole milk
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics