Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
After what number kid ordid you replace your infant car seat
Previous  1  2

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:59 am
shanie5 wrote:
What about the base? Can you replace the car seat and not the base? (My instinct says no, but I haven't looked it up).
Asking as a friend recently mentioned this idea and I didn't think it was a good one.

No. They expire too as they are made with the same plastic. It wears out over time, with weather changes (and recall it gets way hotter in a car than outside in the summer) the plastic may expand or crack...

They aren’t that expensive when you think how many years they will be used. To save on cost get one of the reverse to forward facing ones. You lose convenience of taking the infant out in it but the same car seat can be used until age 6 or 7. Also make sure the infant will fit in the convertible car seat as many only are safe when the baby is a certain weight or height. Some can’t be used until 6 months or later.

Doona is so not necessary- it actually isn’t good to be in the car seat so long. I was told that Every hour or two they should come out, more often the younger they are. So by not getting the overpriced car seat it will be better for their neck and spine!

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 3:00 am
Oh and I replace when expired or in a car accident. I don’t care about faded seats.

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 3:37 am
People are probably buying the Doona because it's convenient (and in style), not necessarily because their old car seats expired!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics