Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Thank you card for playgroup morah-child with medical issues

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 11:42 pm
My 3 year old has a complex medical condition. She has many food restrictions, she has GI issues (vomiting, diarrhea, constipation), she has environmental issues (can't be outside when it's too hot, too cold, grass just cut, pollen, fallen leaves), she has issues with blood pressure, heart rate, joints, etc.

Her morah is the most amazing person in the world. She takes her into consideration in everything that happens in the classroom. (Ohmigosh, I'm almost crying writing this.) She's so good to her and so good with all her issues, I never thought my daughter could have such a typical life and be part of a class in the way that she is there.

I'm really not great with the writing and I would love someone to help me.

I want to write a thank you card for her but I would like to more allude to my daughter's complexities rather than write them. I know I'm a bit crazy/paranoid/whatever-you-wanna-call-it, but I don't want my daughter to be remembered for all her medical issues. I would much rather her be remembered for her engaging personality and charming smile.

Can you help me write it?

Thanks!!

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:17 am
I want to hug this post but I don't want it to be taken wrong - it's not a "nebach poor you" hug, it's an "I'm feeling so emotional hearing about this special morah" hug.

You could say it's thanks to the morah's sensitivity and work handling the medical issues, therefore your child's engaging personality is able to come out like everyone else's?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 1:02 am
Thank you, a mere two words..
Just a little token of appreciation,
to express our deepest gratification,
you amaze us with your dedication,
to always have our daughters needs in anticipation
so __ can in all class activities have participation.

ok my eyes are closing as I type this so feel free to ignore, if u like- please 'fix up'....

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 7:34 pm
Thank you!

I'm using these ideas to try to put it together.

Anyone else?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 7:48 pm
I dont have more to add, but I need to say this and I have tears reminiscing many years ago as I read your post. My son was tube fed continuously and on TPN amongst respiratory issues etc. He needed a full time nurse and needless to say there wasn't one school or playgroup willing to accommodate a child with a nurse despite this child being the sweetest, smartest, most well behaved darling.
ONE person stuck her neck out for us and moved mountains to accommodate my child. I think about her all the time and feel like I've never adequately expressed my appreciation. Her name is Chany K. that worked or maybe still runs the head start program at Belz in Monsey. Sorry for doing this publicly! She never knew me before but cared enough to help us get in by getting an approval from the state despite not being eligible or chassidis affiliated. She created space in an already cramped school space for the nurse to be and treated us with such care and respect never making us feel like a burden.
And more....
All I can say is there are heroes that change our children's lives forever .
Please just write from your heart, it doesn't need to be poetic. I wish I had the headspace at that point in my life to show appreciation but life was overwhelming and I skipped the pressure of chanuka and Purim gifts. I was wrong.
Sorry I wasn't helpful in your poem writing.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 7:55 pm
not to derail -- but its never too late -- and you probably did express your appreciation to her in a heartfelt way she heard -- it doesn't have to be about m"m and particularly someone like her would understand that someone in your place would very likely not have the "head space".

wishing everyone a very joyous Purim in every way

ps you are also the true heroes

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 10:20 pm
Can I tell chani krausz?! She's my cuzin and oh am I not surprised! It was so nice to read...(sorry for SO)

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 10:35 pm
From the heart. E.g.

Dear Morah X,
A mere "thank you" does not do justice to the tremendous hakaras hatov we have for you. Last summer, we didn't know how our Y would manage in school with all of his/her unique needs. We didn't know that Hashem would send us His special shliach, Morah X.
we so appreciate how every activity takes him into consideration.

Etc.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 11:37 pm
We are so grateful to have you as X's Morah this year. She looks forward to each day of school and returns with a smile. She learns so much and loves participating in all the fun activities. As parents, it is such a treasure to have a teacher like you for our child. We feel confident entrusting X to you each morning, knowing that you take such good care of her and treat her as one of your own. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness and sensitivity in making this year such a positive experience for our entire family. Words truly cannot express the extent of our appreciation. Happy Purim!

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 12:14 am
amother wrote:
Can I tell chani krausz?! She's my cuzin and oh am I not surprised! It was so nice to read...(sorry for SO)

Of course. She will remember who I am and probably be annoyed I used her name. Smile I will God willing reach out to her at this child's wedding . Bh healthy today!

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 12:26 am
If you know she will be annoyed then edit your post and don't post it publicly. If you appreciate her don't hurt her

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 1:23 am
amother wrote:
If you know she will be annoyed then edit your post and don't post it publicly. If you appreciate her don't hurt her

I dont think she'll be hurt. It's only positive. Cousin, knowing her what do you think?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics