Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How many Mishloach Manos do you give out?
Previous  1  2  3

How many MM do you give out?
1-10  
 16%  [ 35 ]
10-25  
 32%  [ 67 ]
25-50  
 36%  [ 77 ]
50-100  
 11%  [ 25 ]
100+  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 209

Dena

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 8:02 am
I think we’ve all lost what MM is meant to be about. It’s not about giving to people we already have a kesher with and/or have food on their table and are not poor.

Ask yourself how many MM the gedolei hador give out. I’m fairly certain it’s not going to be anything like 20+. And so if it’s good enough for the gedoilim to give out the halachic amount (maybe plus one or two more) then it’s good enough for me!

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 8:42 am
Dena wrote:
I think we’ve all lost what MM is meant to be about. It’s not about giving to people we already have a kesher with and/or have food on their table and are not poor.

Ask yourself how many MM the gedolei hador give out. I’m fairly certain it’s not going to be anything like 20+. And so if it’s good enough for the gedoilim to give out the halachic amount (maybe plus one or two more) then it’s good enough for me!

That's great that you are happy to do that for you.

But giving to the poor is Matanas levyonim, not MM. MM is about achdus in klal yisroel and each person should do that how it works for them. Personally, like I mentioned, I prefer to foster achdus by giving a lot of simple ones. We have people on our list who don't get many/elderly people who live alone, in addition to our friends. We also give a lot of people who are new to our community, even if we don't have much to do with each other.

Metukah

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 8:56 am
I voted 50-100 but in actual fact I prepared 101 this year ;-)

36 for the kids to give out; some to friends and some to their cousins. I prepared 65 'adult' ones of which 19 were for school staff; teachers, rebbeim, principals, assistants, security guards. Another 16 are for neighbours and another 10 for family. So, although 65 may seem excessive it is not actually that much IMHO.

Pita

Post Fri, Mar 02 2018, 10:20 am
We make lots (about 30), and the kids each take trays of store-bought Hamentaschen to their public school classes. I prefer to make it simple (read: cheap) and give to everyone. This year we had Dollar tree bags (3/$1) with a tangerine, chips, and a hamentash or girl scout cookie. Some years we do more, but I had the flu last weekend and this was the best we could manage.

The purpose is to let people know we are thinking of them.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics