Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What cute rosh hashana projects have your kids made?

avimom

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 3:57 pm
Wasn't sure where to post this... I'm looing for something DIFFERENT this year to do with my class (not the plastic honey bowl glued to the plastic honey plate). I'm getting bored of my projects... Also, anyone have a cuute shana tova card poem??

shoy18

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 4:12 pm
my ds made something so heartwarming for yom kippur, it was a book mark with a picture of him on it, and had a poem about him being small and not knowing how to daven, so daven for me imma. It obviously sounded better but it was beautiful.

avimom

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 4:24 pm
Thanks, but the teacher my new students had last year did it with them (I wsa silly enough to give her the poem I had!!) I love that project...

stargazer

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 4:28 pm
A cute project that I have seen as a shana tova card for the parents is a magnet shaped like an apple (apple shape cut from cardstock, or an apple shaped wooden craft piece, with a magnet strip on the back) with a picture of the kid in the middle and it says "Lshana Tova from your honey"

avimom

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 6:55 pm
Thanks! My students are a little too old for that. They are older but are special ed (MR), so the projects could still be little kiddish... ANything else?

avimom

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 1:42 pm
Any OTHER kind of honey dish?

stargazer

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 4:23 pm
Maybe you could do mod-podge on a small glass or wooden bowl, with little pieces of different color tissue paper. Pretty simple, but looks nice too.

Rikola

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 9:53 am
With my kids at home I drew an outline of a shofar on construction paper and had the kids glue macaroni to fill it in. We also did a macaroni Sukkah because they had such a good time. Not sure if that's the right age for your project, my kids are little.

nechamashifra

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 12:06 pm
Quote:
Wasn't sure where to post this... I'm looing for something DIFFERENT this year to do with my class (not the plastic honey bowl glued to the plastic honey plate). I'm getting bored of my projects...

Even though you may be getting bored, the kids are different each year so they won't get bored if you do the same old thing.

Sharon8310

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 12:22 pm
You can do apple prints. Cut the apple in half so that the star in the middle shows and let them dip it into diffrent color paint. Than let them push it down on card stock, then they can make a card for their parents out of it. Or they can do the apple prints on some cloth and make a challah cover just for Rosh Hashana.

avimom

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 1:04 pm
Thanks! I may do that...

rachel19977

Post Sun, Sep 02 2007, 6:17 pm
I need a craft to do with a 9 year old and a 6 year old level, I take care of kids at home for afterschool program - what can I do that will intrest 2 boys?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Sep 02 2007, 6:35 pm
I think that this year the parents need a nice eruv tavshillin reminder and a special plate or container to store the challah and fish in.

rachel19977

Post Sun, Sep 02 2007, 6:58 pm
Why fish?

rivkag

Post Sun, Sep 02 2007, 9:42 pm
does anyone have that poem for the yom kippur book mark? If you do could you please post it, I would like to use it.
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics