Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding help needed for a Baltimore wedding

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 1:20 pm
Hi, I am wondering if there are any mothers from a Baltimore area who can help me plan a wedding or at least get it off the ground. I am far away and need to help a family member. Your ideas for a hall that can accommodate about 300 people, air conditioning is a must (it is a summer simcha!), please. Also and in case we need somebody, is there a such thing as a frum wedding coordinator or someone familiar with a frum wedding? TIA.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 1:43 pm
Shomrei is nice. Beth tefilah is bigger. All halls have air conditioning. O'fishel is a good caterer and his wife will help u with coordinating

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 1:48 pm
Thank you so much. We tried Shomrei - it's booked for our dates. In case Beth Tefilah is also booked, any other suggestions? Great idea about the caterer.

Shuly

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 3:15 pm
Israel Orange Photography did a great job at our family simcha

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 5:10 pm
In my opinion there is no need to make the simcha in beth tefillah or shomrei as you mentioned that there will only be 300 people. Those places are relatively small (for NY/NJ wedding hall standards) but 300 people would make it look empty.

I recommend Moses Montefior Anshe Emunah (also called Liberty Jewish center) It is a shul with a hall and people make smaller weddings there. It is also where O'fishel catering is based out of. I think you get the best deal from them there because of that.

If you need other information like photographers, hair, makeup etc. then let me know

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 1:39 pm
Thanks for the advice. It's greatly appreciated. I would also appreciate any advice on the photographer, hair and makeup, music and florist, especially if you have any personal experience to share.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:58 pm
Do you have a budget you are working with?

Sara Beck and Consider it done by Laura are two woman that do party planning who may be able to help.

For makeup there are many people that do a great job. Look into:

Chana Perel Benzaquin
Adina Burstyn

Bands- most people go with Zemer Orchastra, they do a great job and can customize according to your budget.

Photohrapher- I see people use Israel Orange or Bradley Images a lot.

Flowers- Shelly's Blossom Shop

Hope some of this helps...

Mazel tov!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 3:03 pm
There are many different photo/video people, as well as for hair and makeup
I personally would recommend for photo/video:
Creative1080, RC video, Simcha photography & video or Orange photography

For makeup it really depends on the look you want and how much you want to spend.
I will throw some names out, and you can check out their instagram.
Adina.B, ShainDee cosmetics, Adina Ohana, BZ cosmetics

Rena Greenlinger, Dena Nachman are both girls who do hair for weddings

Music- Zemer Orchestra- (Nossi Gross) 410-358-6416

Arnson decor and flowers

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 11:00 am
Can somebody share their experience with the the two wedding coordinators that were mentioned: Sara Beck and Laura? What was the extent of their involvement and how much should we budget for?
I am struggling trying to coordinate from far away and could really use some help with keeping us on track.
Thanks!

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 11:29 am
I don't know how much they cost, but I'm sure they would give you an idea over the phone. I think they both can be as involved or uninvolved as you would like.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 11:32 am
Also, can anybody provide the phone number or contact info for Sara Beck? I am unable to find her online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics