Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Therapist work from home jobs

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 11:39 am
I’m a therapist and want to work from home so I can be with my kids more. Any ideas where I could work? Thanks!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 1:39 pm
What kind of therapist? I work for a teletherapy company that services children mainly in virtual schools.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 1:53 pm
Mental health counseling, masters degree.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 1:55 pm
amother wrote:
Mental health counseling, masters degree.

If you're interested, there are MHC working for these companies. Google teletherapy for more info.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 3:05 pm
Www.todayscouch.com might be hiring therapists. That’s perfect for a work from home mommy.
I think they have a page on their site for therapists. Hatzlacha!

Last edited by amother on Tue, Sep 01 2020, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

WastingTime

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 3:20 pm
Seems to me a field where the work should primarily be done face to face, not remotely.
Good luck, hope something turns up!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 3:55 pm
Today’s Couch worked for me, it’s the same thing as face to face except it’s through the computer. I actually liked getting therapy this way better than face to face, and used it more than face to face therapy. It’s not for people who aren’t comfortable using a computer, but it helped me more than “regular” therapy ever did.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 7:30 pm

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 7:48 pm
this was great, thanks!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 9:09 pm
WastingTime wrote:
Seems to me a field where the work should primarily be done face to face, not remotely.

I see a therapist online. I do actually see her as we use videoconferencing software. Smile It feels a bit different than actually being in the same room, but we can still see each other's facial expressions, which makes a huge difference over talking on the phone. I've been to in-person therapy as well and I do not think switching to online made it less useful. I think it's more about finding a therapist that you "click" with and who works well with the videoconferencing format. I imagine it's not for everyone, but for therapists who are comfortable and good working that way it's great.

OP, I think it's a good field to get into. A lot of people need therapy but don't live near therapists, or may not want to go to one in their own community. Frum women who live "OOT" might really like having access to a frum woman therapist online.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 7:48 am
I do life coaching through Skype, and it works great. A lot of people don't commit to coaching or therapy because their lives are so busy, transportation can be an issue, having to go too far to find the right match, etc.

Being able to process issues in their own home can be very comforting for the client, especially if they are having panic/anxiety issues.

If you are going to offer services from home, make sure you have child care if you kids are not old enough to understand that a closed office door means "play quietly and don't bother mommy".

Nothing wrecks a breakthrough moment like having someone come in and yell "Ima, Dovi pooped again!" LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers