Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need chizuk any experience with this?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 8:21 pm
So dr sent me for bloodwork with dd 22 months cuz wanted to see why shes not gaining enough weight if she eats so much. ( I wasnt concerned cuz she has dirty diaper right after eating so what do u expect ). He wanted to check for celiac. Anyways he calls me today with results that celiac is fine but inflammation in blood is high. That usually is sign of chrons but shes to young for that And he wants to retest after pesach....
I am just sooooo nervous since that call. Anyone ever had such a thing and all turned out fine?
I guess I just need chizuk cuz im so nervous right now.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 8:28 pm
amother wrote:
So dr sent me for bloodwork with dd 22 months cuz wanted to see why shes not gaining enough weight if she eats so much. ( I wasnt concerned cuz she has dirty diaper right after eating so what do u expect ). He wanted to check for celiac. Anyways he calls me today with results that celiac is fine but inflammation in blood is high. That usually is sign of chrons but shes to young for that And he wants to retest after pesach....
I am just sooooo nervous since that call. Anyone ever had such a thing and all turned out fine?
I guess I just need chizuk cuz im so nervous right now.

Was this a GI?

I had this and pediatrician said it's possibly a sign of parasites

anonymrs

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 8:35 pm
Can you get a copy of the blood work so that you know exactly how high they're talking about? Always a good idea to have copies of labs.

I think the normal range for kids is up to 5, if it's 5.8, most doctors wouldn't be concerned but they might let you know that it was slightly high. If it was 16, that is very alarming and you should prob see a GI asap.

Also, what other labs were drawn? Were they all within the normal range?

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 8:37 pm
Sending you and DD big hugs and much strength! Did Dr send you to a gastro-enterologist? Sometimes blood tests improve of their own. Did the Dr say that she would need a colonoscopy?

DH's cousin's 5 year old daughter wa not gaining weight and had blood in her stool. She was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. BH she is doing very well with medication! (I know that crohns and colitis are not exactly the same, but there are happy endings possible!)

yogabird

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 8:39 pm
Which inflammation marker? How high? Did you test for allergies?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 05 2018, 9:07 pm
Op here.
So he didnt give me numbers but I am seeing him Wednesday and will ask how high.
He said that after pesach will send me again for bloodwork and if doesnt improve then will send me to GI.

As far as I understood the other tests were fine.

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 3:13 pm
We had something similar with my daughter (though she wasn;t eating a ton, her eating was normal) when she was just around that age. Turns out she had mono - and no other symptoms except she stopped gaining weight for a while, but it took us quite some time to figure that out.

Anyway, 'inflammation' is very general - depends whether it's white blood cells, or some other inflammatory marker. So without knowing more, it's hard to say more.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 8:33 pm
Please, get a copy of the bloodwork and look at it yourself. As a mother to medically complex children, I can not stress the importance of this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics