Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
"If it saves one life"
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 7:47 am
I know this subject is talked to death, but I found this video today.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 9:10 am
yo'ma wrote:
I know this subject is talked to death, but I found this video today.

If he really wants an honest discussion, he has to be willing to realize that there will have to be better background checks and limitations on the types of guns sold, and it can't simply remain the way it is. The 2nd amendment does not give unlimited rights. He will have to concede something because otherwise, it is as one-sided as he is accusing the Democrats of being.

There are stores now that are getting sued over a minimum age 21 policy for the sale of some types of firearms, which is apparently what many people want and may be a bargaining tool.

Those kids who survived the shooting are now recruiting as many of the younger generation as possible to the idea that guns need to be limited. Who can blame them?

Fox

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 4:39 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Please list every item that is registered with the government that has been confiscated.

I register my car with the government. I'm not worried about anyone coming for it.

Every time I purchase Sudafed, its registered with the government. No one has broken down my door.

The NRA has people convinced that registration leads to confiscation, but that's just a boogeyman scare tactic.

The only way to control straw purchases and to start limiting the flow of weapons to criminals is to require registration and periodic inspection of every weapon.

I realize this topic has petered out on Imamother, if not on CNN. However, I just noticed Six's question, and I don't want to ignore it.

Here's the primary item that I am required to register with the government -- and which is subsequently confiscated: my money.

The IRS has broader powers than almost any other law enforcement agency and is exempt in many ways from ordinary checks and balances.

As for your car, most states and municipalities have all kinds of unrelated reasons your car can be impounded. For example, Chicago is discussing impounding the cars of people whose water bills are over 90 days delinquent.

And if you want something truly legitimate to hold against the Trump administration, start with AG Sessions' promotion of asset forfeiture. State and federal governments can confiscate money and property based on suspicion of illegal activity -- not actual conviction. You can lose everything without being charged with a crime, and it can take years to get any of it back.

This is a virtual death sentence for small businesses, especially immigrant businesses, which may deal primarily in cash. Let's say you own a convenience store, bodega, gas station, ethnic grocery, etc. Make a series of cash deposits over the $10K minimum that triggers bank reporting, and you may find your bank accounts frozen while investigators leisurely attempt to see if you're a bad guy. You have no access to your money for a lawyer, and unless you actually are a drug dealer, your business is as good as bankrupt.

All this said, I still think there's a legitimate case to be made for registering gun owners if not the guns themselves. But telling the government you have something most definitely results in its confiscation, most notably on April 15 each year.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Mar 07 2018, 12:42 pm
School attack in The Netherlands โ€“ no one gets hurt because it isnโ€™t the US

https://dutchreview.com/news/u.....t-us/

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 10:29 am
So upset that despite the possible momentum of a few weeks ago, it looks like congress is going to do a big fat nothing to protect our kids. God forbid they do the right things, instead of worrying about their upcoming elections.

But donโ€™t worry, Florida passed a bill allowing teachers to bring guns to school.
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics