Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Snow
Previous  1  2  3

mom2u

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 11:25 am
I left my house 6:30 this morning the view was magnificent in monsey Suffern area. The trees were all covered in snow it was absolutely breathtaking. It's only a few hours later and the snow is almost gone from those trees to bad, I was hoping it's gonna last longer.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 11:36 am
Went out, and some of the unplowed roads are icy and slippery. Also, the foot and a half of snow from on top of the car came crashing down on the windshield when driving over bumps! Be careful, everyone.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 11:40 am
amother wrote:
I was feeling kinda cozy and saying "Thank you Hashem that I don't need to go out."

Then there was lightning and a very close and very long and very loud thunder! But BH only one.

Then my Internet went down. Talk about first world problems. I might have dug out my knitting but a bit later I reset the router and all was good. Though I don't like how much I depend on my Internet. For instance, I was about to email my phone service person to see how long it would be out...

Do we live in the same town? I have never before experienced thunder and lightning in a snowstorm. That was epic!

But in general - I love Lakewood. We get one or two really good blizzards a season, giving the kids that longed for day-off from school, with time to go out and make angels in the yard, and build snowmen and igloos.

Just enough for fun...and not too much, so the adults don't say "not again!"

I love looking out the window and seeing the snow on the trees, and the expanse of white on my lawn, while I'm snug and safe inside.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 2:29 pm
Our power is still out. Our entire area is without power and not expected to get it back for 3-5 days. My house was 50 degrees this morning. I have 8 trees that fell down on my property alone. My neighborhood looks like a disaster zone.
I'm at work. Thankfully I have a place to warm up during the day. We will have to go away if power is not restored before tonight . There were explosions and the sky lit up in orange from all the transformers and wires blowing last night .
I'm a nervous wreck over this.
But all my kids are worried about are my chickens!!!! They shoveled a path to the coop to check up on them.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 2:37 pm
amother wrote:
Went out, and some of the unplowed roads are icy and slippery. Also, the foot and a half of snow from on top of the car came crashing down on the windshield when driving over bumps! Be careful, everyone.

Not to be a traffic cop Shame on you

But the law is , you are supposed to clean ALL the snow off your vehicle before driving. You could of been ticketed..

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 08 2018, 2:38 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Not to be a traffic cop Shame on you

But the law is , you are supposed to clean ALL the snow off your vehicle before driving. You could of been ticketed..

I had no idea. The car in front of us had a huge snow yarmulka, too.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics