Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Can't think straight with so much to do

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:36 am
Hi I
Anyone not coping with peSAch and shopping cleaning cooking.
Moved into a big house this year bH not complaining but am staying home the entire pesach with my lil kids and shopping for all of them,,can't think straight
I guess gonna sit down and make lists and stick to it
Just needed to vent. Any advice really appreciated

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:43 am
Hug
Lists are great!
And make sure that you're really cleaning for pesach, and not organizing or spring cleaning dusty closets. It's crunch time and you shouldn't overwhelm yourself with non essentials at this point!
Good luck and make sure dh and the kids do their part!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:56 am
Try this list:

http://www.chabadrc.org/media/.....3.pdf

or this list:

http://dubyspesachlists.com/

or these tips:

http://www.aish.com/h/pes/l/Du......html

Make a list of easy menus.

Then make a list of all the odds and ends that you need such as white shirts and kippot for boys and white tights and hair stuff for girls.

Then make a list of paper goods which is probably included in the lists that I linked.

Then make a list of places to go on chol ha moed.

List all guests.

List all areas of the house where chometz needs to be cleaned away and who is going to do this such as the cleaning help, DH, or the kids.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:03 am
Warning: Advertisement: Check out the ad for the https://www.pesachfreedom.com/ running on Imamother right now. The idea of this video course with lots of downloadable lists is to help overwhelmed people make Pesach without panic.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:04 am
Get as much help as you can. One set of shoulders can only bear so much. Large house or small, doesn't matter. The emotional burden is same.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:59 am
Calm down with the clothing... it’s freezing outside! Just buy girls 1 new thing and a robe ... boys still wearing long sleeves

Focus on your kitchen so you can cook in advance

Then dining room chairs... couch..,

Get a cleaning lady to vacuum the rest of the house

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 2:19 pm
OP here wow all your ideas were amazing. Those links are fantastic so excited to print them out!

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 2:35 pm
thank you for those lists. not op here, but I for example would love to get outside help but can't find and many can't afford... just saying

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:
thank you for those lists. not op here, but I for example would love to get outside help but can't find and many can't afford... just saying

this. I just read one of the links and it said something like for kids ages 5 and under ship them out and do xyz. Not everyone can do the shipping out

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
this. I just read one of the links and it said something like for kids ages 5 and under ship them out and do xyz. Not everyone can do the shipping out

A lot of girls in grades 6, 7, and 8 (ages 11 to 14) make pre-Pesach camps in someone's home and charge a fee for that but I agree with you that not everyone can send their kids.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:00 pm
southernbubby wrote:
A lot of girls in grades 6, 7, and 8 (ages 11 to 14) make pre-Pesach camps in someone's home and charge a fee for that but I agree with you that not everyone can send their kids.

I don't think this happens in boro park. or at least not where I live and everyone has their little dalet amos to work in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics