Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
2.5 yr old started biting go back to herpaci?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:09 pm
My d's will be 3 in 2 months for a until about 2 yrs she was very attached to her paci. At two she slowed down and used it only for nap time and bed. Once she started playgroup she saw that kids had paci by rest time. So I gave her hers. Her teacher said it relaxes the kids but many including dd don't nap instead I pick her up a little early 1:45 And she takes a nap then. But lately she became very attached to it. Going to her room to get it. I had to hide it because she would leave it in her crib like usual. So when she took it shopping and dropped it I told her it's lost gave her a treat for sleeping without it. We are on day 2 and all day she's been bitting even me! I am sure it's related should I give in even though she kvetches a little before going to sleep but doesn't cry. Could it be she still needs it and is not ready to give itup?

OutATowner

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:32 pm
https://funandfunction.com/sen.....D_BwE

Something like this may help her transition. He mouth feels like it's missing something. Thses are a step away from a pacifier though. I have students who use these instead of chewing their sleeves or pencils.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:42 pm
This is one of the reasons I dont take away a pacifier. I don't even limit it. A security you dont take away. She wont get married with it. Another reason is one of my kids ( older kids) I took it away and now takes her finger. Finger you get married with. Pacifier you don't. Ppl may think I'm crazy. But I wasn't born today and saw enough side effects from taking away security including by me myself and I.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:44 pm
Don't give it back!! Stay strong and she will be too

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 9:09 pm
I would give it back, based on my experiences with my children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics