Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Life transforming diet

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 7:26 am
After the birth of my third I kept on 10 kilo's, and now after the birth of my nr 4 I just don't loose any weight. He's almost a year old now and I've had it. My third is a very bad sleeper and had quite some health problems so I am exhausted, and I feel my body has been trying to get energy from nosh. But I want to be a vital, happy mommy again and not a lethargic whale. Confused

So today I started the life transforming diet (Rambam). I would love to hear your experiences, and also would really like it if other ladies join in so we can give each other chizuk. This first week there is one change: one meal has to be substituted by a HWC meal (high water content) which means fruits for breakfast or salad/soup for lunch. I chose to have the salad/soup/green smoothie for lunch.

Anonymous because there are some ladies here that know my screenname and I would like to keep my diet secret until people notice how much weight I lost iy"H Tongue Out

workaholicmama

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 7:52 am
First of all, hatslucha on your new diet. Now can you please tell me in short what this is about?

Tweedy

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:08 am
Hey I'm on it now Smile this my first week in phase 2. But this is probably the 10th (or more) time I've started it. Chaggim usually throw me off. I've lost a lot in the past! You can pm me if you'd like!

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:44 pm
Anyone on this diet? I just started today and would like to hear if anyone has had success

Momof14

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 1:31 pm
Hatzlacha rabba on your diet! I know its really hard especially because you have little children and it's Erev Pesach, but trying to get in a 30-45 minute walk 4-5 times a week can make a tremendous difference, and it'll put you in a good mood!

peacenine

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 2:06 pm
I did this diet when I was 18-19. I lost 30lb in a year and have been keeping it off till now. I don't follow the diet just focus on healthy eating in general. Some of my family members have done it too and lost weight. It helped me change my eating habits for the better.
Good luck!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 3:43 pm
Hi op.

I'll tell you what. If you explain to me what to do, I'll join you. So are you saying the first change is to have a soup or smoothie for lunch? I'll start tomorrow. Friday is a fantastic day to start a new eating program.

Can you give me guidelines of what to pit in the soup/smoothie and how much to have?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
Hi op.

I'll tell you what. If you explain to me what to do, I'll join you. So are you saying the first change is to have a soup or smoothie for lunch? I'll start tomorrow. Friday is a fantastic day to start a new eating program.

Can you give me guidelines of what to pit in the soup/smoothie and how much to have?

First week is a high water content meal. Fruit or vegetable for replacement of one meal per day. You can eat normally for the rest of the day. It’s worth a try. The book “life transforming diet” really addresses how to break bad habits.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:55 pm
peacenine wrote:
I did this diet when I was 18-19. I lost 30lb in a year and have been keeping it off till now. I don't follow the diet just focus on healthy eating in general. Some of my family members have done it too and lost weight. It helped me change my eating habits for the better.
Good luck!

Thank you, this sounds encouraging!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 9:14 pm
Good for you for taking steps to improve your weight and quality of life! I did the diet in 12th grade and lost weight and felt great. In seminary I made myself crazy to stick to it but still gained weight. It's possible to overeat on it. In the end I think it was the high water content meal that did me in. I was hungry all day, and I think that made me overeat. Eventually after I came home and still didn't lose weight, I decided to cut out the hwc meal and just stick with the other healthy habits. I then lost my seminary weight but not back to what it was before. To this day I feel that reading the book and being on the diet taught me to eat healthy and helped me work on my self control. I guess my advice to you would be to try it but keep my story in mind Smile good luck and I really hope you succeed!

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
Good for you for taking steps to improve your weight and quality of life! I did the diet in 12th grade and lost weight and felt great. In seminary I made myself crazy to stick to it but still gained weight. It's possible to overeat on it. In the end I think it was the high water content meal that did me in. I was hungry all day, and I think that made me overeat. Eventually after I came home and still didn't lose weight, I decided to cut out the hwc meal and just stick with the other healthy habits. I then lost my seminary weight but not back to what it was before. To this day I feel that reading the book and being on the diet taught me to eat healthy and helped me work on my self control. I guess my advice to you would be to try it but keep my story in mind Smile good luck and I really hope you succeed!

Thank you for your advice!

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:

Thank you for your advice!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise