Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Only 1 Toothbrush?!?!?
Previous  1  2

simba

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:05 am
Reading this as my kids fight over which troothbrushes ar theirs. Somehow the blue one with yellow circles they claim to use every day so it is forsure theirs!

Don't get me started on beds! Yet, that is not a sanitary issue.

salt

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:17 am
I don't like the sound of it, but if you wash it in between, why is it different to using the same spoon for soup and washing it in between.
If they wash it in between use, and it doesn't bother them, I don't see it's so bad.
And as for underwear, if it's washing in between, why not? Did you mean without washing?

moonstone

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:22 am
They all share 1 toothbrush??? Eeeuuuwwww! That is disgusting, I don't care how people try to rationalize it. That's gross!

Where's that barfing emoticon when you need it? I can't find it.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 8:27 am
Yup. Gross. And officially not a good idea. But I guess they dnt hav more sick kids than others or theyd learn

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 9:42 am
[quote="happy12"]
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Ever thought of taking the "dirty" towel used once and pretend it's going to the laundry. Instead you fold it nicely and put it back in the closet. Nobody will know the difference. Except you. Wink[/quote
No. Everyone in the family has there own towel and uses it a few times before it goes in the wash. No sharing germs

Same over here. Any person who would dare to suggest me to use a towel once and then into the hamper Banging head
I'm the Manager of Laundry Department at home so I make the rules of towel use. Wink

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:09 pm
moonstone wrote:
They all share 1 toothbrush??? Eeeuuuwwww! That is disgusting, I don't care how people try to rationalize it. That's gross!

Where's that barfing emoticon when you need it? I can't find it.

shock Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

My immediate reaction as well.

I'm hardly a germaphobe, but I draw the line at shared toothbrushes. Just, NO.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:21 pm
Miri7 wrote:
I have 5 kids and between them they have about 14 toothbrushes. While it's not our policy to share, I'm convinced that some toothbrushes "belong" to more than one kid. I try not to think about it too much.

When we travel we pack about 6 toothbrushes for the kids. They also use 3 different toothpastes.

Growing up, my father never ever ever ate leftovers. We also ate as a family every night with cloth napkins and placemats, silverware, serving dishes on the table. My mother made a lovely dinner every single night. (We eat leftovers at my house now regularly.)

One of my good friends told me that in her house growing up, they had color coded towels. Each person had their own color towels, hand towels, and bath cloths. They NEVER used someone else's towel. When she comes home to visit, her mother pulls out "her" color towels for her family to use. How strange! I've never heard of this.

We do this, different towels for everyone and we don't usually share. otherwise you can spread germs. We all have a different toothpaste too and of course different tooth brushes.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:22 pm
salt wrote:
I don't like the sound of it, but if you wash it in between, why is it different to using the same spoon for soup and washing it in between.
If they wash it in between use, and it doesn't bother them, I don't see it's so bad.
And as for underwear, if it's washing in between, why not? Did you mean without washing?

You can't wash a toothbrush well and you're not using soap. When you clean dishes, you're using soap and scrubbing a surface that is easier to clean.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
We do this, different towels for everyone and we don't usually share. otherwise you can spread germs.

I'm the biggest germaphobe I know, but I can't relate to this. If everyone is showering daily and the towels are used AFTER the shower for all of 3-4 minutes when totally clean, what exactly is the risk?

Shuly

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 2:55 pm
I live in Israel and we do not share toothbrushes - that is gross. I don't know anyone who shares toothbrushes!
I used DH's once by accident and I was so grossed out afterward!

Two of my little girls do share underwear because they wear the same size and they're always taking each other's. But that's only after it has been washed with detergent in hot water.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 2:58 pm
I live in Israel and I think that is disgusting.

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 3:12 pm
Seriously disgusting!
Puke

Jstar

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 12:04 am
Everyone gets their own toothbrushes in my family and recently I realized that if I wanted to be really thorough about not sharing germs I should also get everyone their own toothpaste too. Its only one degree of separation from the toothbrush itself. So now we do that. What Rolling Eyes Thumbs Up I dont want to see

miami85

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 12:39 am
Im not a fan of it, but my 3 kids do it anyway. I mean they play around each other all day, other kids in school cough and sneeze on each other and as much as I remind them to wash their hands they don't do it without my reminders, so in school? I wish--yes they are boys. Gross and unsanitary? yes? What difference has it made? Hardly any. Yea, they get colds, but we've gone a full year thank goodness ba"h without a sick day (one Sunday my son's stomach was bothering him right before he had to leave so I kept him home, but he was better by the next day). Toothbrushes are made with plastic/silicone bristles that don't absorb, so you rinse it and using toothpaste which is designed to "wash away bacteria"--not kill it from your mouth probably prevents a lot of anything from sticking. So you wash it off with hot "soapy" (toohpaste) water--like a cup or a glass or a fork (which also goes in your mouth)--and voila its clean! A lot of "hygiene" is what gets hyped up and to prevent lawsuits. I've come to grips as a former preschool teacher, and now mother, that I can't control the germs, so I can't let them control me. I clean, I coach hand washing, I spray what I see is/known to be dirty, but I'm not superhuman to keep on top of every little germ. 13 is a bit much for sharing, but In an Israeli apartment with a family of 13 they are exposed to each other's germs constantly anyway, I doubt the toothbrush is going to make much of a distance.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics