Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Help with meal ideas: sugar, flour, grain free
Previous  1  2

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:20 pm
amother wrote:
the schwarma spice I have, has. don't remember which others- but def remember seeing. now, it might be so little as not to be an issue, but still wanted to point out another place where sugar is hiding

Pereg shawarma spice has no sugar and tastes great (though I tend to add salt when using it).

Teomima

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 3:15 am
I haven't read through all the comments so sorry if I'm repeating things, but much of my regular diet is mostly veggies and proteins (though I'm a vegetarian, so my proteins are vegetarian ones, but mostly eggs, dairy, tofu, and legumes, not "meat alternatives"). Forgive me if I mention things you're not allowed to have.
Breakfast: Usually some sort of egg dish. I often have a vegetable omelette. At the moment I have fresh kale from a friend's garden so I've been making kale and tomato omelets (I sautee the veggies first before putting them in the eggs). Other frequent breakfasts are a hash of zucchini and carrots, with eggs, or an egg only "crepe" filled with cottage cheese and cinnamon.

Lunch/dinner: "Ethnic" foods! Indian food: any veggies (cauliflower, potatoes if you can have them, broccoli, tomatoes, eggplant, spinach, etc.), cooked with spices (mustard seeds, ginger, garlic, curry powder, etc.), coconut milk, and you can add chicken, tofu, cheese, garbanzo beans, anything! Zucchini sauteed in tomato juice with curry powder, lentils cooked with ginger and curry, you can serve it with riced cauliflower if you like. Chinese: sautee any combo of veggies (carrots, cabbage, onions, bean sprouts, broccoli, snow peas, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, baby corn, etc). Make a sauce with vegetable oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, a bit of vinegar...is nicest to add some sort of sweetener, even just fruit juice, but if that's not an option you can skip it.
Soups: not just for winter! There are so many delicious filing soups that I often serve cold. Gazpacho, orange soup, red soup (beets, carrots, tomatoes, onions, cooked in not too much water, till soft, blended-I like to leave it slightly chunky, salt to taste. Very small diced cucumbers make a great "crouton" alternative in this soup). I'll often have cold soup for breakfast, too.

Enjoy and bon appetite!

cbg

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 9:52 am
If you want bread, you can make flax muffin/rolls/wraps using the same recipe
They are great for breakfast and pizza bread.
If you have a microwave they literally take 3 minutes to make. 1 minute to mix and 2 minutes in the microwave.
You can also add stevia (if you are allowed) and cinnamon or cocoa and make a cake.

Here’s the recipe adjust flavors

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/r.....95453

I don’t use the Splenda, add a pinch of salt and I add Italian herb mix instead of cinnamon.

For wraps, spread on a piece of parchment.

You can also bake them on a really low temp for a long time and make crunchy cracker/ chips

Costco sells turkey tenders by Empire, I like to use those instead of chicken breast.
As soon as I get home I slice all of them.
Add olive oil and lots of spices, I like hiwaji, cinnamon, turmeric, and baharat.
Then I split the slices up in ziplock bags and freeze. This way it’s ready to go.
When ready defrost. Slice onions, peppers, and garlic, pinch of salt and sautée.
When 1/2 way done add tenders and cook till done.
I serve this with mashed cauliflower.
Prepare frozen cauliflower in a pot with water to cover. When it’s soft. Drain very well.
Put in the food processor and mash smooth.
Add a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper if you wish.

Try to prep your proteins and freeze to make it easier.

octopus

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 10:10 am
crust wrote:
Suate a diced onion with a diced red, green, orange and yellow pepper.
Add diced chicken breast.

Add tomatoe sauce for a different flavor.
Add squash for a different texture.

for milchigs when I want something pizza like I cut up squash into circles and throw into pot. Throw in tomato sauce, and when it is soft and done cooking add cheese and oregano and its like a pizza top. (if you are a cheese fan)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 10:13 am
DVOM wrote:
Stir fry sounds interesting, but I cant use soy sauce. Any stir fry recipes that are sugar and flour free?

Can you use braggs amino acid? It's like soy sauce with 0 calories and grain free
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking