Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Teenagers helping for Pesach

ladYdI

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 1:36 am
I work full time and my 2 teens will be off from school the next 2 weeks. How much can and should I expect them to do. How do I make this a pleasant experience? I will allow them to go out for lunch or watch a video as a treat every few days. I also have some cleaning help. Anybody else in this situation? Any other suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 10:27 am
My mother always left us jobs to do for pesach when we had off from school, it was just part of how our house worked. We put on music and had fun with it. I think the fact that we would clean together with her when she was home made us feel like it was a family thing to do. But be careful not to overburden them with too much.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 11:12 am
Im.in the same boat.
Definitely one job per day but very specific. Ex empty each shelf of pantry, wipe shelves and restock.
Wipe down fridge and line.
Judge your kids. Do they work better in pairs? Or are they better in different rooms doing different tasks. Insist on music for good cheer and offer small bribes/rewards...ice coffee, smoothie, trip to library etc.
Erev yt treat them to a mani if you can (and yourself too!) So they feel special and part of the "ladies cleaning for pesach " team

unexpected

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 12:31 pm
I make my boys give me two hours a day. During this time they do whatever jobs I tell them to do no complaints (either cleaning or errands). In exchange, I don’t bug them for the rest of the day. It’s a pretty good deal for all of us...

ladYdI

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 12:34 pm
Love the manicure reward!!

Miri7

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 1:12 pm
I make a list of things that need doing and the order things need to be done (clean and line shelves before moving pesach stuff up).

Then I let kids pick. They are much happier getting to pick tasks. And they don’t always pick the easiest ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics