Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler waking every night

behappy2

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 5:06 am
Why why why

I need my sleep

Nothing seems to be wrong

I used to stay in the room with her but don't want to have to that every not so tonight justv letting her scream. Coming in every half hour. It is already and hour and a half.

My body needs sleep.

I can't do this.

I need some support.

She is already 2. What is wrong? !

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 8:25 am
Try for a week straight.
Every time she comes to your room in middle of the night- dont be lazy. GET UP. Firmly and kindly walk her back to her room. Say “mommy loves you, but now you must stay in your room. I will see you in the morning.” AND REPEAT AS NEEDED. She will get it sooner then later.
Stay strong!

behappy2

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 8:28 am
She is still in a crib. She shrieks and cries. She just turned two. This is normal? My son never did this.

Stars

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 8:44 am
Does she have a comfort item? Bottle, pacifier, blanket, teddy? Is it very dark in her room? Is she thirsty?
(asking all these questions as a parent who's child hasn't stopped waking up during the night yet and there's nothing I can do about it)

behappy2

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 8:57 am
Blanket and doll. Should I get her a pacifier? She is very intense and my sister keeps urging me to get her a pacifier.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 9:07 am
behappy2 wrote:
Blanket and doll. Should I get her a pacifier? She is very intense and my sister keeps urging me to get her a pacifier.

No! Don't start a terrible habit (meant for infants) at this age. Get to the root cause! Is she possibly getting her 2 her molars? Ear infection? Night terrors?

Last edited by pesek zman on Mon, Mar 19 2018, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

rgr

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 9:13 am
pesek zman wrote:
No! Don't start a terrible habit (meant for infants) at this age. Get to the root cause! Is she possibly getting her 2 hear molars? Ear infection? Night terrors?

Agree with this! Also, maybe pinworms?

meeze

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:32 am
Emergency! I need help with this ASAP!!!!

my 2 yr old toddler wakes up at least 4 times a night. All he needs is for me to sleep with him. So the night starts out like this:
I put him in his bed 7:30. He sleeps till 12:30. Wakes up and walks out of his room looking for me in my room. Cries near my bed for me to pick him up. I take him back to his bed and sleep near him till he falls esleep.

When he is esleep, I go back to my room. 15 minutes later same story. Im too tired so I take him into my bed. After he squeezes himself tightly near me he falls esllep.

I leave my bed and sleep in his bed (reg size). He doesnt feel my presence so again, he comes looking for me and cries till I pick him up!! I just cant anymore!!!!!!!!!! I have back and neck pain and wake up with headaches from not sleeping regularly for such a long time!!
It's DING DONG every half hour, back and forth, like im playing checkers!! Nothing helps him to gall back esleep on his own! If I let him cry, he gags from crying and vomits on tje floor so I'll be up cleaning it and washing laundry!!

What do you all do??????
Please!!!! Help!!!!

Success10

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 8:45 am
meeze wrote:
Emergency! I need help with this ASAP!!!!

my 2 yr old toddler wakes up at least 4 times a night. All he needs is for me to sleep with him. So the night starts out like this:
I put him in his bed 7:30. He sleeps till 12:30. Wakes up and walks out of his room looking for me in my room. Cries near my bed for me to pick him up. I take him back to his bed and sleep near him till he falls esleep.

When he is esleep, I go back to my room. 15 minutes later same story. Im too tired so I take him into my bed. After he squeezes himself tightly near me he falls esllep.

I leave my bed and sleep in his bed (reg size). He doesnt feel my presence so again, he comes looking for me and cries till I pick him up!! I just cant anymore!!!!!!!!!! I have back and neck pain and wake up with headaches from not sleeping regularly for such a long time!!
It's DING DONG every half hour, back and forth, like im playing checkers!! Nothing helps him to gall back esleep on his own! If I let him cry, he gags from crying and vomits on tje floor so I'll be up cleaning it and washing laundry!!

What do you all do??????
Please!!!! Help!!!!

It's better to start a new thread then to latch on to a thread from 2 years ago. Regarding your toddler, I just let them sleep in my bed and deal with the repercussions when they're 4 or 5.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 12:37 am
Most of the adults in my family struggle in the sleep department in some way or another and for me personally it takes me a really long time to fall asleep and if woken up in mid of night it usually almost impossible to fall back asleep. So when I noticed my baby struggling in the sleep department I new that we cant fix it... cant force them to sleep but they need to be taught techniques on how to occupy themselves while everyone else is sleeping as well as how to put themselves back to sleep without waking everyone up.
My 3 year old will fall asleep right away but never sleeps through the night. She knows that waking mom is not an option she has plenty of toys in her room as well as books. And she is allowed to play with as many toys for as long as she wants. When she gets tired she takes out her books and reads until she falls asleep.
We taught my 1 year old the same thing... she doesnt sleep through the night either but we keep toys for her eithet next to or in her crib.
Some nights are more difficult than others but thats usually when something is seriously bothering someone.
What works for us may not work for you bit you need to find what will help your kid remain calm and put themselves back to sleep without waking you.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 12:47 am
In the precious little sleep book there is a chapter on toddlers

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 5:33 am
My kids used to wake up at 2YO. It’s not that crazy.
What to do?
With the older ones - I fought with them and with myself and was always tired. Went back and forth every night ( of course check if there’s something wrong - pin warms, ear ache...).
With the younger ones I gave up. They would go to sleep nicely in their own beds and then come to our bed in the middle of the night and stay until morning. It was worth it for me because at least I got my sleep.
Honestly ? Some kids are just better sleepers than others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics