Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Pulled brisket on its own

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:51 pm
Can I serve.pulled brisket on its own, without any mashed potatoes/tacos/flatbreads etc?
It would be part of the main course, along with poultry and another meat. It would a "filler" item just to make sure there's enough good food for everyone!

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:54 pm
Sure. I prefer to have it with a carb since it’s saucy, but you don’t have to do it that way

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:54 pm
Its fine to do, but its not visually so appealing.. If that doesnt bother u, go for it!

I would just place it on a pesach cracker

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:55 pm
The pulled beef is delicious and always a crowd pleaser..

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 1:01 pm
Can you put a little bowl/ramekin of it on the main course plate? Or serve it in a roasted portobello mushroom?

ladYdI

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 1:02 pm
Or can you just slice it instead of shredding it??

saralem

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:00 pm
For Pesach? How about with spaghetti squash? Low carb and will look nice with the contrast in colors. Actually that may make its way to my menu!

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:02 pm
I just want to save myself the extra work of plating it or making another dish (mashed potatoes or whatever).
I think I'm going to skip it. Thanks!

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:18 pm
If you are serving poultry and another meat you don’t need a third meat. A filler for me is potatoes, rice, carrot or cabbage salad etc- something inexpensive that is quick

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:23 pm
tichellady wrote:
If you are serving poultry and another meat you don’t need a third meat. A filler for me is potatoes, rice, carrot or cabbage salad etc- something inexpensive that is quick

I made a chicken and a meat, but only about 10 servings of each and I'm having 12 people at the meal. I'm worried that I need more protein and a pulled brisket was the easiest one I could think of!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:25 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I made a chicken and a meat, but only about 10 servings of each and I'm having 12 people at the meal. I'm worried that I need more protein and a pulled brisket was the easiest one I could think of!

20 servings for 12 people sounds like more than enough.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:27 pm
12 adults that will eat 10 servings of both chicken and meat? Unless theyre Sumo wrestlers, ypu have absolutely nothing to worry about! Thats more than enough! And if some of them are children, u REALLY overcooked. No worries!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics