Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
8 mo takes short naps - HELP!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:19 am
My 8 mo is sleeping through most nights, but not completely there yet. However, he takes short naps - about 40 minutes in the morning at at 1 PM. If he wakes up at 1:40 or 2 if I"m lucky, he cannot make it till 6 PM bedtime.

Sometimes I try to put him to sleep around 4:15, 4:30 but he cries for 15 minutes and sometimes sleeps, sometimes plays.

If he goes to sleep before 6, he gets up too early (5:30). I can't function if I wake up in the 5's.

Please...is there any way to get him to nap longer? (I don't go in right when he cries in hopes he'll go back to sleep. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't.)

lucky14

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 3:01 pm
how many hours total does he sleep at night? does he wake up alert and pretty happy? My son just didn't take long naps until he got a little older. I'm not sure exactly how old but there was a while when they were only around 40 minutes. I tried to get them to be longer but realized that he was wide awake and in a good mood and got upset when I tried to lengthen the naps and why mess with what is good.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:04 pm
No, he wakes up crying from his nap. I think he would like to sleep more, but he doesn't. WHen I come in to get him, I hold him for a few minutes till he calms down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics