Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Which one?

amother
White

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:00 am
hi all
I live in uk mcr if that helps
im getting qualified in personal training soon. my dh told me that wont be constant money coming in (fixed) but childminding would be.. I have started looking into it but seems so hard with paperwork ofstead etc(for those who knows) I do not know what to do? any advice? because we are struggling financially I want to help as much as possible but not get wacked out. I will be having a new born soon and I have a toddler. I havent found a playgroup yet for september so im kinda stuck with 2 at home...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:06 am
I work in the field in Israel. I have two kids.
I am not sure what your question is.

amother
White

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:31 am
amother wrote:
I work in the field in Israel. I have two kids.
I am not sure what your question is.

Im not sure how to handle this. ( which job shall I go for? doing both etc)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:41 am
what do you mean by childminding?
I personally work in the fitness world and also have an office job.
I love doing both together.

amother
White

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:45 am
amother wrote:
what do you mean by childminding?
I personally work in the fitness world and also have an office job.
I love doing both together.

looking after kids from 9 till 1 then after I work with my clients ...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:53 am
Is that something you would like to do?
I personally work two jobs because I make more money in my office job and also because I would like to have a backup career, and because I like the mental stimulation too.
But that might not be the best desicion for you.
Personal training can bring in lots of money depending on the rates people pay in your area.
Also, are you really a baby/child kind of person? taking care of your own kids is one thing, but do you really want to be taking care kids as a job? some people love it. some people are just not cut out for it.

amother
White

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:56 am
amother wrote:
Is that something you would like to do?
I personally work two jobs because I make more money in my office job and also because I would like to have a backup career.
But that might not be the best desicion for you.
Personal training can bring in lots of money depending on the rates people pay in your area.
Also, are you really a baby/child kind of person? taking care of your own kids is one thing, but do you really want to be taking care kids as a job. some people love it. some people are just not cut out for it.

to be honest my dh wants me o do childminding as its stable income .. I am not that kind of person to be doing it... I love pt. but that isnt stable income... any other suggestions I can do from home? im no good at written english or typing..

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:57 am
Also mornings are usually the time that moms want a personal trainers. Since thats when their kids are in school.
If you are available afternoons only you might have a harder time.
And you might have a harder time finding childcare for your own kids.

amother
White

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:58 am
amother wrote:
Also mornings are usually the time that moms want a personal trainers. Since thats when their kids are in school.
If you are available afternoons only you might have a harder time.
And you might have a harder time finding childcare for your own kids.
😁😁

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:04 am
amother wrote:
to be honest my dh wants me o do childminding as its stable income .. I am not that kind of person to be doing it... I love pt. but that isnt stable income... any other suggestions I can do from home? im no good at written english or typing..

Why don't you find a childcare arrangment for your kids and do pt in the mornings?
Why is it not a steady income?
Once you get a client don't they have to commit to a certain amount of sessions?
Also, is there a womans gym in your area? you can work as a trainer in a gym and thats a steady income.
What about having a group in your home or someplace else twice a week or something like that?

chatz

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 12:33 pm
Ok, juggling a newborn IYH and a toddler plus housework plus two jobs is A LOT. The more you work, the more your husband should expect to have to pitch in. Maybe it's obvious, maybe it's not. There is no such thing as a super woman.

I would not recommend taking 2 jobs unless you love working or really really need money for necessities and your husband will pitch in. Something will have to give.

Personally, from what I understand from your situation, you would be better off taking personal trainer jobs, which I assume pays way more than childminding, is more flexible, and you have an interest in.

For example, in Brooklyn, babysitters (in their place) charge $5-$7 per hour. Since you'll have your own two, realistically you can watch how many? 2 more? So that would be $10-14 per hour. You have to be reliable - you or a back up have to be available every day, on time. This is steady work, but pays significantly less per hour. Do you love children? That's really a make it or break it.

Google tells me personal trainers in Brooklyn start at $75 (really? woah). Say you pay someone to watch your kids $30 for 2 hours (give yourself travel time), you make $45 for 1 hour work. More flexibility, more potential money, but more unknowns.

Obviously, a lot depends on the rates where you live, the job market, and your personality.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 2:55 pm
I don’t think you should be a babysitter. It’s a lot harder than it looks and you don’t sound like you love it. No offense meant - but I wouldn’t want to send to a babysitter whose only in it for the money.

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 3:05 pm
Personal Trainers make good money. It takes some time to build a client base, but it's quite steady once you get regulars. No less so than childcare, I would think. If you love it, go for it!

Woman of Valor

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:09 pm
Do not do childcare. Just not fair to the children and parents who would be paying you to do it and you don't enjoy it and just want to make money.

Meet with a career counselor to take some assessments and find out your strengths, interests, values, etc. They can also help with resume (CV) and interview skills.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics