Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Calling all Ramat Beit Shemesh mavens!
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 10:44 pm
OP here: for shuls, KSY sounds like a good fit for us. Anyone on here go there?

Thank you!

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 12:43 am
OP here Smile. Just giving an update 2.5 years into our aliyah. B''H, it's been a lot of work and adjustment, but it's great here! Kids are thriving and doing well (although *Not* walking to school. We eventually got a car. But they walk home!).

One dd in "American style Bais Yaakov" and one in "chardal ulpana in RBS". Happy in both places.

We ended up renting in Ramat Shilo, which I didn't realize was quite so modern when we landed here, but, b''H, the people are lovely and it's definitely more mixed than I thought when we first showed up (we had a hard time finding what we needed in terms of a rental [dh works at home] and just rented the first one that came up that fit our needed. It happened to be in Ramat Shilo).. By "more mixed" I mean that more than 50% of the girls on our street attend BY schools and I didn't realize that there are 9 different shuls in this small neighborhood. Really something for everyone.

(btw from my original post three years ago: I did give up wearing denim when we made aliyah as it has such "meaning" here that it didn't in my little OOT community. DH also now only wearing black and white. Yes, it's ridiculously superficial, but does seem to reflect better where we're holding)

Thank you everyone for the help and support!!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions