Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Need help with thank you note

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 11:34 am
I had a baby a few weeks ago. It was the first boy in my in laws family and they invited a lot of relatives to the bris. DH has been writing the thank you notes for presents on his side, but one gift has us a little stumped. One of his older relatives who I have maybe met twice in our 10+ years of marriage gave us a check only made out to me with an accompanying note saying that I should spend the money on myself to relax. It was incredibly thoughtful of him and I obviously need to write this thank you note myself. I'm just not sure what to write. It doesn't fit into my general template and I'm not very creative plus I barely know the guy.

Thoughts?

singleagain

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 12:27 pm
What about something like:

Dear relative,

Thank you so much for thinking of me. It will be do nice to (insert what you are thinking of doing with the money). May we share happy celebrations.

Sincerely, me

familyfirst

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 12:31 pm
Dear ....,
Thank you so much for joining us in celebrating the Bris of our son. So nice to celebrate with family and friends!
A special thank you for your kind and generous gift. How thoughtful of you to remember the mother! I will use yiur gift to purchase something special for myself.
Truly touched by your thoughtfulness,
Signed,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette