Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do I have to use my best friend for hair@makeup for simcha?

amother
Black

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 10:53 am
My best friend who I speak to all the time does hair and makeup. She's pretty good. I have a family simcha coming up and I see on Instagram someone who seems absolutely amazing. I want to use her so badly. I realize I can technically choose whoever I want, but I also don't want to hurt my friends feelings. Is this possible? My friend knows about the simcha so I can't even attempt to take a chance and not tell her about it.

Snow White

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 11:05 am
-Instagram is used as an advertisement for people’s business. I’m not saying this applies to every makeup artist but I do know that many of them photoshop their pics before posting them. I know of someone who said they were shocked to see their made up face posted on one of most professionals artist account. She said it was photoshopped so much and she didn’t look nearly as nice as real life.

- you are not obligated to use your friend, but it definitely would be nice and smart to.

- if you know your friend is good, I would say use her over an Instagram account

asmileaday

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 11:16 am
You can't compare using someone that knows you well to someone that doesn't know you at all.
Unless your friend doesn't do a professional job I'd go with the friend.

familyfirst

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 11:29 am
Show yiur friend what is that you find appealing
More glitter? Natural?
See if she can replicate

But I get it- it's a tough call

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 11:51 am
Many who advertise on Instagram use photoshop! I know this for a FACT. Don’t trust what you see.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:
Many who advertise on Instagram use photoshop! I know this for a FACT. Don’t trust what you see.

I keep on hearing this but I can't wrap my head around it!

I'm a makeup artist and hairstylist and can't imagine ever retouching a picture.
Won't clients be disappointed when your final real life look is nothing at all like your Instagram pictures?!

naomi2

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 12:45 pm
Use your friend. If she is really your close friend there is no way around it. You are just lucky she does a good job:)

rgr

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 12:49 pm
Can you can use your friend for either hair or makeup and use the Instagram person for the other.
If there is a few ppl getting their hair and makeup done you can say you wanted to split it up to make the day go smoother.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 1:30 pm
Before you book the Instagram person, do research if she's actually good. I used the most expensive, popular person in Brooklyn (I rlly want to say her name to warn others but I won't) and turns out, she's good, not great and photoshopps her pictures a ton! The picture she posted of me is ridicules. Doesn't look like me at all, looks waaay better than how it looked in person. Again, she was good and I looked nice, but not worth what she charges (around $150 a face)

asmileaday

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
Before you book the Instagram person, do research if she's actually good. I used the most expensive, popular person in Brooklyn (I rlly want to say her name to warn others but I won't) and turns out, she's good, not great and photoshopps her pictures a ton! The picture she posted of me is ridicules. Doesn't look like me at all, looks waaay better than how it looked in person. Again, she was good and I looked nice, but not worth what she charges (around $150 a face)

Can you pm me the name please. Thanks.

Miri7

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 1:42 pm
I’d invite the friend to get her hair and makeup done with you (assuming she’s invited to the simcha too). Tell her you’re treating her - so for once she can be pampered!!

Debbig

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 2:40 pm
I’m a hair & wig stylist. Many of my friends don’t use me for all kinds of reasons.
I absolutely understand that not every friend I have is going to use me.
If you feel like she will mind maybe tell her. I’ve been wanting to use this person for a long time now I have an opportunity to use her. Iyh the next time maybe I’ll use you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics