Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Pisom and raamses

miami85

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:51 pm
Appropriate for the week of pesach, but we're getting frustrated. I've worked so hard buying containers and organizing my kids' toys, but every time I blink the toys are everywhere again. I've tried labeling them and making them appropriate sizes and logical. We've tried putting toys away in the cabinets, saying "only in your rooms" but nothing works and the toys are still everywhere and we're in a small house and floor space is at a premium. We cannot afford cleaning help on a regular basis and I just can't constantly be picking up and organizing toys! Even when I get cleaning help, and they pick up all the toys, they just get dumped into a big bag/box and we have to organize them again. Is there any solution?

octopus

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:55 pm
haha! that's how I always describe doing the laundry! Thankless job that has to be done over and over.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 11:03 pm
I think that many kids don't want it to be organized, it's a lot more fun for them to go into a big toy box and fish around. I have two big toy boxes and everything goes into that. And I mean everything, including books and puzzles. I actually have big plastic containers that is very large. It's used for storage. Quite inexpensive. I am always complaining that my toys are a mess and dh said not to organize so that's what I do. Life is so much easier this way.

If it works for me then it's good.

enneamom

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 11:04 pm
If you can enforce the following, I will hire you for my house! But generally the suggested method is: ONE toy at a time, and no taking out the next toy until the first is completely picked up and put away.

das

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 12:20 am
I put all the toys with small pieces (lego etc) on very high shelves. trucks dolls etc are on low shelves. This way I can control when hard to put away toys are taken out and make sure it's one at a time.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 12:45 am
Thanks op for this thread...I feel normal now!..(.or crazy with company!)

honeymoon

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 1:06 am
omg! I just finished complaining about this! op, ur in good company!

BA

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 3:05 am
Totally normal! I agree with putting toys with many pieces on high shelves this one includes blocks, puzzles, games etc. I have very few toys within reach of kids: books, big bin of cars and big bin of dolls and then one or two other sets that I rotate every two weeks or so. I also confiscate toys that the kids don't clean up properly, nothing major I just remind them to clean up that set and if they don't I clean it up I store it in my room instead of the regular toy shelf. Again it leaves me in control of the toys . Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics