Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
ISO: MEZONOS egg-free cookie/cake recipe for Pesach

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 1:54 pm
Does anyone have a tried & true gebrokts Pesach recipe for cake/cookies - with no eggs?

I want to make it for my son so he can have kiddush on Shabbos/YT morning without having to wash. (He's also allergic to nuts. And also no kitniyos, please.)

He tends to react to baked goods with eggs in them, though sometimes he's ok with well-baked 9x13 cakes that have 2 eggs or fewer, so I'm open to such a recipe as well.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 12:29 pm
bump

Anyone? Or is there no such thing???

chasya

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 12:59 am
I just saw your post. I have a good chocolate chip cookie recipe! It is put away with my pesach recipes, but I will iy"H post it soon so it will be here for whomever would appreciate it next year. It uses cake meal, margarine, white & brown sugar, applesauce, baking soda, and baking powder. The cookies come out chewy.
I'm always looking for good year round cookies and cake recipes without eggs, nuts, and soy (and for Pesach without potato too).

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 1:31 am
Thanks for responding! Smile

I did find a recipe to work with in the end - I *think* this was it:

Quote:
Eggless Pesach Chocolate Cake
Serves: 1 Cake

Ingredients
¾ cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
1 ¾ cups potato starch
1 cup coffee whitener
2 tablespoons apricot jam
½ cup oil
1 cup boiling water
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix. Add coffee whitener, jam, and oil. Mix. Add water last.
Pour into greased 9- x 13-inch pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

I made it "mezonos" by subbing cake meal for about half the potato starch. I didn't have coffee whitener, so I must have used water. And I didn't have apricot jam on hand, so I subbed date spread and that worked fine. I didn't find it to be the most amazing, exciting cake in the world (Well, what could I expect - I prefer gooey, eggy brownies), but it was good and my allergic son was happy with it. I found it on this site: https://betweencarpools.com/fa.....sach/

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 1:39 am
Also for future, I think it may be possible to make kiddush on pesach without washing if you drink a certain amount of wine or grape juice. You can check your Halachic sources if that would be an option for your son.

BS"D!!!

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 11:57 pm
I'm looking forward to seeing the cookie recipe! My daughter is allergic to eggs, potato and nuts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics