Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Monsey schools (girls)
1  2  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:33 pm
I’m looking for a girls school in Monsey that’s similar to Gan Yisroel/ BYBP in Brooklyn. We’re heimish chassidish. I will not send to a school that doesn’t allow mothers to drive and I don’t think BDY is for us. I’m okay with a school that’s not chassidish but I’ve seen on other threads that non chassidish schools wouldn’t necessarily be okay with us because dh wears a shtreimel.
Am I really stuck? Am I going to be stuck in Brooklyn forever? We have a business near Monsey and the commute is getting too tough....

Any and all suggestions welcome please!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:00 pm
I'm very happy in BDY, but it's pretty Chassidish. Driving is not an issue but otherwise the school is probably more Chassidish than what you're looking for (Heimish/Chassidish).

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:17 pm

Blessing1

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:26 pm
The litvish schools don't take shtreimal wearing dads. They aren't interested in chassidish students, chometz Chaim & Bas Mikroh used to accept, they don't anymore.
Maybe Bais Shifra Miriam or Bais Rochel is for you, but it's very difficult to get accepted in Bais Rochel.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 11:20 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
The litvish schools don't take shtreimal wearing dads. They aren't interested in chassidish students, chometz Chaim & Bas Mikroh used to accept, they don't anymore.
Maybe Bais Shifra Miriam or Bais Rochel is for you, but it's very difficult to get accepted in Bais Rochel.

Bais Shifra Miriam is not for me .They would have a problem with my sheitel length (a couple of inches past my shoulder ) and my driving. I think that Bais Rochel is also not for me and FWIH from relatives that teach there it’s nearly impossible to get into.

If I manage to get into Bas Mikrah or YSV (I may have pull) would I even fit in there, or would my kids be totally out of place?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 5:08 am
Push for Bais Rochel. I've been really pleased there and have done the nursery through graduatuation . It's probably your best bet.
Great atmosphere, really good education, elementary and high school principals are invested, caring and excellent .

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 5:24 am
Bump

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 5:35 am
Both bas mikrah and ysv are diverse enough that your kids would fit in. But good luck getting in! Also try Chofetz chaim because you might as well...
Would you consider schools in Passaic? They might be more willing to take you, and it isn’t very far. Many Monsey kids anyways sit on the bus for 30 min. Each way.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 5:40 am
amother wrote:
Both bas mikrah and ysv are diverse enough that your kids would fit in. But good luck getting in! Also try Chofetz chaim because you might as well...
Would you consider schools in Passaic? They might be more willing to take you, and it isn’t very far. Many Monsey kids anyways sit on the bus for 30 min. Each way.

I may have pull that can get me into BM and YSV which is why I asked if it’s even an option.
I would consider Passaic.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 5:51 am
amother wrote:
I may have pull that can get me into BM and YSV which is why I asked if it’s even an option.
I would consider Passaic.
use all the pull you’ve got. From what I know, it’s extremely difficult. But I’ve heard great things about Passaic. Warm, accepting, good solid school.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 6:45 am
There's a new school opening up. Maybe someone here has some info on it. If I may ask, why BDY is not a good fit. Also if you have boys where would you like to send them?

Blessing1

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 6:51 am
In my opinion, a chassidish girl will feel out of place in any litvish school.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 6:52 am
amother wrote:
There's a new school opening up similar to Bais Rochel, it was advertised a few weeks ago. Maybe someone here has some info on it. If I may ask, why BDY is not a good fit. Also if you have boys where would you like to send them?

They're only opening a kng.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 6:53 am
Blessing1 wrote:

There are quite a few chassidish girls in each of the schools OP mentioned.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 7:03 am
Blessing1 wrote:

My girls are not in a chassidish school now.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:11 pm
Good luck its very tough to get into schools nowadays wherever you are. Must have pull

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 1:02 am
Ysv and BM are completely different schools (we are in BM But friends in ysv). Love, love , love BM. Warm,happy, frum and she is learning a ton. Unlike ysv the population is no longer that diverse. Especially younger grades. Her friends are all yeshivush - lots of kollel and klei kodesh. Not as diverse as it used to be.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:23 am
How about Ayelet Hashachar / Reb. Helfant. I know it's a small school, but this problem will go away if more people will send there.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:27 am
amother wrote:
How about Ayelet Hashachar / Reb. Helfant. I know it's a small school, but this problem will go away if more people will send there.

What is the crowd? Isn’t it very chassidish? We would fit more into a not chassidish school then a chassidish one.

blad

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 6:05 am
Did you look into Bais Yakov - Portnoy?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children