Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Huge bag of frozen chicken cutlets. help pls!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:46 am
I live oot and I ordered some things including cutlets. The cutlets came as one huge bag all frozen. I have to defrost the whole thing at once! Other than stir fry, can I bake cutlets and then freeze them and still have them taste fresh?? Ideas of recipes this will work for?? And would you thaw/ warm them up to get the best results? I'm not sure what to do with this! Thank you!

Eta: I don't make schnitzel. I don't like pounding and frying chicken. I usually bake with mayo and oat bran when it's not Pesach. I never froze it. We just had it fresh. So pls no schnitzel suggestions.😜

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:51 am
How many pounds are in a bag, and how big is your family?

It's possible you can thaw out an outer layer of the cutlets, peel them off the ball, and put the rest back in the freezer without the rest of the cutlets getting a chance to thaw out much.

If you cook them in a sauce or marinade, and then freeze them, they should taste fine when you reheat them. Just cooking and freezing without sauce will make them dry and tasteless.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 10:35 am
We have a medium size family. Don't recall how many lbs, but the bag is kinda basket ball size.

I avoid sauces because they are all filled with sugar. Will try using the outer ones.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 10:37 am
Spread out cutlet, put on mayo/spices or ketchup, put in a piece of pastrami (or any deli) and roll up. Yum!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 10:46 am
Sugar free Italian chicken:

One can of sugar free tomato sauce, or several large tomatoes chopped up.
Black olives
Fresh rosemary
Mixed Italian spices (basil, oregano, etc.)

Bake it all together, serve with pasta or rice on the side. Can also be cooked on the stove top.

Does orange juice have too much sugar for you?

2 Tbs orange juice concentrate
2 Tbs soy sauce (or less if you are watching salt intake)
4 Tbs mayonaise
1 Tbs chili sauce like Siraccha (more or less, depending on how spicy you like it.)

Marinate overnight, and then sautee or bake.

Greek Chicken

40 cloves of garlic, minced. (Yes, you heard me. FORTY!)
Juice of two fresh lemons.

Marinate overnight. This one needs to be baked, so the garlic can mellow and carmelize. It's amazing.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 10:46 am
OutATowner wrote:
Spread out cutlet, put on mayo/spices or ketchup, put in a piece of pastrami (or any deli) and roll up. Yum!

I would prep it and freeze it raw. Defrost when ready to cook.

tulips12

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 10:49 am
As long as you defrost it in very cold water or in the fridge and the cutlets don't become warm you can separate them and freeze them again. It will take a bit longer to defrost but it shouldn't be a problem with the chicken going bad

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 11:05 am
Start to thaw and crack off the pieces. It will still be frozen but you'll be able to separate and put in the freezer in better portion sizes.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 11:38 am
Can you just cut through them in their frozen state and divide into servings, then freeze?

fbmommy

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 9:23 pm
Cutlets are best frozen raw and baked fresh. I remember being told that as long as you add some spices you can refreeze defrosted chicken. Also, instead of pounding the cutlets I find that cutting them in half widthwise gives you thin cutlets. Also I separate the "fingers" and make those into schnitzel that my kids love. One way I like to prep raw schnitzel is to slice it and lay in a container with Italian marinade, and grill in a grill pan. Great as is or in wraps.
Also, I make a chicken pot pie so will cube the chicken and spice with salt and pepper, and then defrost for use when needed. You mentioned you don't do schnitzel, but for the fingers I bread with mayo and crushed cornflakes (not the crumbs, crush yourself) and freeze raw. Bake fresh.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 10:15 am
Thank you.

I am asking for pesach so some if these recipes don't work. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

Does anyone have a recipes for pesach chicken salad? (We can't use mustard!)

Thank you!!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:15 am
amother wrote:
Thank you.

I am asking for pesach so some if these recipes don't work. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

Does anyone have a recipes for pesach chicken salad? (We can't use mustard!)

Thank you!!

A salad with grilled chicken strips?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics