Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Do I need to tell my guests?
Previous  1  2

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
Pinworms are this contagious? Because kids get them and they don't plow through the schools like lice does, and there are never any memos about pinworms. As a kind, my brother always got pinworms and the rest of us never did.

Can you give your guests some real science? Go to web MD and check out the info?

What?!? I always get memos about pinworms.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 5:07 pm
If they are coming Friday then I wouldn't say anything. Wash your kids linen with hot water and treat everyone in the household. By then it shouldn't be contageous anymore. It's not like your kid has chicken pox or the flu.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 5:13 pm
amother wrote:
What?!? I always get memos about pinworms.

I have never gotten one, and it's worrying me.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 6:04 pm
flowerpower wrote:
If they are coming Friday then I wouldn't say anything. Wash your kids linen with hot water and treat everyone in the household. By then it shouldn't be contageous anymore. It's not like your kid has chicken pox or the flu.

I agree. Also, sterilize all possible surfaces. And make sure everyone has nails trimmed and cleaned and scrubbed underneath. Pinworms are not going to put anyone's health in danger, no matter how annoying they are. The eggs are literally all over and most of the time people wouldn't know it. Everyone should practice good hygiene if they want to avoid it.

lucky14

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 10:33 pm
OMG please do tell! I don't care if it's not contagious anymore it is the polite thing to do to let the guests know! I would be SOOOO upset if I wasn't told. You tell them, let them know how you're taking care of it, let them know what the doctor has said regarding the risks of your child being contagious and then you let them make their decision. Doesn't matter if they have plane tickets booked to come stay specifically at your house. You should really tell them. I would want to know. The fact that others have also said they'd want to know should be enough that you should disclose this information. I think it seems sneaky that someone would NOT mention it.
What is your reason for maybe not telling them? Are you worried they will decide not to come? Are you embarrassed that your child has it?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 2:23 am
I would definitely tell.

When DD was little, she loved to play in the dirt. We also had a dog who went outside in the yard. Pinworm eggs can live in the soil for a really long time, and can easily be stirred up in dust and become airborn.

We were passing the worms back and forth for years. I bought Vermox in bulk. I always treated everyone in the family at once, including the dog. Treating pets is important, because even if they don't show any signs, they can reinfect everyone the next day.

Adults often don't show the same signs as children do. In adults, you'll become irritable, grind your back teeth, feel mildly achy, and have a low grade fever that comes and goes for no reason.

Kids who are not sensory may ignore the itching all together, so never assume that the rest of the family is not infected.

If you want to risk exposing your relatives, check the medical info on Vermox, and see what conditions are counterindicated. If any of your relatives cannot tolerate Vermox, it's best not to expose them in the first place.

(BTW, PinX and all those other over the counter meds do NOT work. Pinworms are pretty resistant to all of that now. Vermox is the only thing that has ever worked for us.)

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 4:19 am
Of course you should inform them. Why is this even a question?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics