Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o"frummer"-an acceptance exercise-what does YOUR Rav hold?
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:18 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
Originally the OU didn't have a position on it but they said they did research and held it wasn't an issue. I wonder if your rav knew all the research that they did and still held it was a problem

Trust me. The rabbanim I know who aren't comfortable with quinoa on Pesach know their stuff.
As are the rabbanim who are. But mine isn't.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:52 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
Originally the OU didn't have a position on it but they said they did research and held it wasn't an issue. I wonder if your rav knew all the research that they did and still held it was a problem

Yeah. He's aware. He told me there are many opinions, and many say it's fine...but he views it as kitniyos. Here come the potatos....

SpottedBanana

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 11:23 am
little neshamala wrote:
Yeah. He's aware. He told me there are many opinions, and many say it's fine...but he views it as kitniyos. Here come the potatos....

I think you mean tomatoes! Tongue Out

little neshamala

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 11:38 am
SpottedBanana wrote:
I think you mean tomatoes! Tongue Out

Lol no I mean potatos!! Literally Very Happy
I was so hoping to use quinoa instead of all my potato dishes ha ha oh well

SpottedBanana

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 7:55 pm
little neshamala wrote:
Lol no I mean potatos!! Literally Very Happy
I was so hoping to use quinoa instead of all my potato dishes ha ha oh well

And this is what happens when you don't read the whole thread Tongue Out I thought you were telling us about a psak that would get others posters offended. Sorry!

little neshamala

Post Fri, Mar 16 2018, 9:37 am
SpottedBanana wrote:
And this is what happens when you don't read the whole thread Tongue Out I thought you were telling us about a psak that would get others posters offended. Sorry!

Lol no worries, I got a good chuckle Wink

little neshamala

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 10:27 am
So, interesting new fact...looks like my Rav holds we can't do painting ceramics as a chol hamoed activity if we plan on taking the piece home (whether then or days later, makes no diff), which of course is kinda the whole point.

This is a little hard for me actually, because its such a great family activity and perfect for chol hamoed...oh well. I guess this forces us to do family ceramics night just plain during the year.

busymother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 11:45 am
amother wrote:
My Rav holds singing while nida is fine. Yeshivish. (He did first ask if its something I commonly do, which it is)

My rav holds the same! Makes nida just a little easier to bear!

little neshamala

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:21 pm
Bumping this thread up again...after reading some recent threads I think it might be helpful for some people to see it

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:50 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Quote:
let us practice the art of being accepting and understanding of our differences, and learn to acknowledge that they ARE ALL CORRECT so long as they were directed by ones Rav.

I appreciate your post, but just want to point out that not everyone here holds that all the things you posted require approval from a rav.

Yes, the modern ones [.....removed]

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
In Lakewood:

- foods don’t need hechsherim as long as the ingredients are kosher (including on Pesach)

- all gelatin is kosher

- sometimes dairy and meat can even be in oven tog (don’t know details bec never did it)

- sinks, counters, stove tops don’t need to be kashered for Pesach just cleaned well

- you can go to the Mikva with a manicure

That’s just off the top of my head. He also holds some other more stringent things that I didn’t mention as I have a feeling ppl will not have a difficult time accepting those Wink

[removed]

keym

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:54 pm
amother wrote:
And you forgot, eating pork, chillul Shabbat, prostitution too...

Ok. Enough. Totally not the purpose of this thread.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 7:22 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Actually, I just checked this over Shabbos. Hurray for imamother! Because I just found out a fascinating bit of information.

According to my dh, it was actually R' Chaim Ozer who paskened that gelatin is kosher, based on the reasons above. Rabbi Abadi is basing his psak on R' Chaim Ozer. And according to dh, again, science backs up by R' Chaim Ozer! And he feels that the kashrus agencies are too chicken to actually follow this psak.

As for me:

I wore my own hair the entire chasunah (my Chassidish friends were in shock).

We use baby wipes on Shabbos.

I don't have to listen to parshas zachar (yup, just came up this Shabbos).

And I only have to daven one thing - like shevach and bakashah, if I am busy. My sister was told she has to daven two shemonei esrei's. I was not told that.

Baby wipes are ok as long as they aren't very wet, like what happens when you get to the bottom of the package. Did your Rav mention this, or just that it's always ok?

little neshamala

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 8:07 pm
amother wrote:
And you forgot, eating pork, chillul Shabbat, prostitution too...

Im actually somewhat relieved that you posted this.
It strengthens my argument that just because someone comes across as very right wing and strong in halacha doesnt make them automatically worth listening to.
Youve clarified that there are obviously very misguided people on here.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 8:35 am
Bumping this open in light of recent threads...

keym

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 8:56 am
Oh me, me.

My rav just told us that children may only ride tricycles or bikes with training wheels on Shabbos, even in an eruv. Regular bikes without training wheels, even 10" for a 5 yr old is not allowed.
Interesting.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:41 am
keym wrote:
Oh me, me.

My rav just told us that children may only ride tricycles or bikes with training wheels on Shabbos, even in an eruv. Regular bikes without training wheels, even 10" for a 5 yr old is not allowed.
Interesting.

It's an Uvda D'Chol.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:43 am
little neshamala wrote:
So, interesting new fact...looks like my Rav holds we can't do painting ceramics as a chol hamoed activity if we plan on taking the piece home (whether then or days later, makes no diff), which of course is kinda the whole point.

This is a little hard for me actually, because its such a great family activity and perfect for chol hamoed...oh well. I guess this forces us to do family ceramics night just plain during the year.

And my Rav holds that it's okay as long as I'm not a professional painter.

Funny this just came up recently. My aunt was visiting and she commented on a plate I had painted, that I use as a Challah plate on Shabbos. She complimented it and I told her I did it two years ago on Chol Hamoed. She was surprised, and I told her my Rav holds it's not a "Maaseh Uman". She disagreed. (I guess I should be flattered.)

keym

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:43 am
Chayalle wrote:
It's an Uvda D'Chol.

It was interesting to me because my parent's Rav held no tricycles or bikes with training wheels either. Just riding toys or Big Wheels. My Rav holds that tricycles and bikes with training wheels are toys not "modes of transportation."

little neshamala

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:45 am
Chayalle wrote:
And my Rav holds that it's okay as long as I'm not a professional painter.

Funny this just came up recently. My aunt was visiting and she commented on a plate I had painted, that I use as a Challah plate on Shabbos. She complimented it and I told her I did it two years ago on Chol Hamoed. She was surprised, and I told her my Rav holds it's not a "Maaseh Uman". She disagreed. (I guess I should be flattered.)

Ah, lucky, its the number one thing we'd like to do on ch"m
(And of course be flattered! Sounds beautiful)
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics