Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Escape room, recs?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 9:18 pm
Looking for recommendations for an escape room to do with kids ages 5 to teens, NYC or NJ or anywhere else drive-able?

Also any groupons or coupon codes?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 9:52 pm
lastminuteescape.com
They have a few places in NJ. So far we've only done Wayne, but have been very impressed.
There are coupons on livingsocial

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 10:00 pm
I saw the Childrens Museum in Crown Heights now has an escape room for kids ages 6-15.

erm

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 12:14 am
We did the Jewish Museum Escape room yesterday. It is more like a scavenger hunt with clues in a room. Not exactly what my kids had in mind when they heard escape room. The girl who stayed in the room with us was very sweet and helpful. The whole thing took about 20 minutes.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 12:49 am
erm wrote:
We did the Jewish Museum Escape room yesterday. It is more like a scavenger hunt with clues in a room. Not exactly what my kids had in mind when they heard escape room. The girl who stayed in the room with us was very sweet and helpful. The whole thing took about 20 minutes.

Yesterday? I guess you mean today .

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what their escape room was like.

mommy best

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 11:38 pm
amother wrote:
Looking for recommendations for an escape room to do with kids ages 5 to teens, NYC or NJ or anywhere else drive-able?

Also any groupons or coupon codes?

In the Palisades mall they have what's called 5 wits its like escape room with lights and sound more geared for kids. And reasonably priced.
They have three room options. My kids loved it. Was there twice!

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 1:19 am
The one we went to I THINK was called Mystery Room NYC. It was in Chinatown near Canal Street, and they had another location with the next "chapter" of the mystery. It was AMAZING. Very family-friendly, we had people of all ages and everyone had fun (no way the kids would have gotten out on their own, though). It was highly challenging but not frustratingly so. I think we used one hint, and got out in time, but not easily. The staff was great. It was very engaging how the story and challenges were intertwined - it wasn't just finding random things to solve, I think some of these places the story is more of a theme rather than actually part of the puzzle. It was like you partly had to solve the mystery in order to get out - not just the codes. Anyway, I was very impressed and highly recommend.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 12:51 pm
Yes, this is the one: http://www.mysteryroomnyc.com/
We did chapter one and everyone loved it. Now it looks like they're only offering 4 and 5. They say the order doesn't matter and each room stands alone, but now I'm sorry I missed some that might not come back! Because it was that much fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics