Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen age acne

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 2:44 pm
My teen age son has acne.
I’ve taken him to dermotologists and they’ve prescribed diff meds that worked but then after he stopped using the product it came back.
The biggest problem is, that my son has no patience to work too hard and do a 3 step skin care regiman. Was wondering if any one has a solution to a one step product that does has helped with acne?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:
My teen age son has acne.
I’ve taken him to dermotologists and they’ve prescribed diff meds that worked but then after he stopped using the product it came back.
The biggest problem is, that my son has no patience to work too hard and do a 3 step skin care regiman. Was wondering if any one has a solution to a one step product that does has helped with acne?

Accutane oral pills.

thanks

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 7:24 pm
Accutane is the only cure. All other meds fight flare ups. Once you take accutane, your acne is cured.

Last edited by thanks on Mon, Apr 02 2018, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 7:49 pm
Accutane...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 10:51 pm
Accutane is for serious acne, cystic acne. Not run of the mill acne.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:01 pm
Dd did accutane. It came back afterwards. Now she won't go through the headache of it all again. There are no guarantees.

thanks

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:04 pm
amother wrote:
Dd did accutane. It came back afterwards. Now she won't go through the headache of it all again. There are no guarantees.

That is very unusual. What does the dermatologist say? Did she take the full dose? Is it as "bad" as it was before she started the accutane?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:45 pm
thanks wrote:
That is very unusual. What does the dermatologist say? Did she take the full dose? Is it as "bad" as it was before she started the accutane?

She did the whole thing. It is less bad than before, but before, it was horrible, and now it is only "very bad". The dr said that it happens sometimes, and that you then need a follow up course that is shorter to get rid of the rest. But she isn't having it. She was told she would be done, and now she isn't, and doesn't want to start again with the fasting blood tests and pregnancy tests and questionaires and short windows of time to pick up her meds. So she just has the acne.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 11:47 pm
Who’s the best dermotologist to go to in the NY area for acne?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 4:18 am
I had terrible acne as a teenager . Took every cream under sun, I tried antibiotics, they all helped a little bit but didn't clear it. I was then refered to a health clinic who advised me to cut out dairy from my diet. I started pesach and I came home from seminary for vacation and my face was nearly clear except for some scars and I naturally lost 10pounds😊 after seminary with the help of my mom I cut out white flour and drank lots of water with lemons and that completely cleared it.... now as a married woman whenever I get hormonal acne over my chin I try this diet but it's tough without my mom preparing the foods. I have no time to keep preparing my own food
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children