Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Shopping in Yerushalayim
Previous  1  2

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 2:11 am
ssm101 wrote:
Thank you. So it's worth going there for tablecloths? Nothing in Meah Shearim or in town?
you will certainly find tablecloths in Geula and in town, but Imporiat hachessed has a large selection and their prices are less than most other shops.
Personally, I love this store. I'm there about once a month!

Zus

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 5:46 pm
Mea Shearim is a tourist area with tourist prices. This is a store for the 'locals' Smile

Bored

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 2:45 am
The cheapest place to buy yarmulkas and tzitzis is Shmaya all the way down malchei yisrael, like across from the leader store

Strawberry2

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 5:05 am
mummy-bh wrote:
ssm101 wrote:
Thank you. So it's worth going there for tablecloths? Nothing in Meah Shearim or in town?
you will certainly find tablecloths in Geula and in town, but Imporiat hachessed has a large selection and their prices are less than most other shops.
Personally, I love this store. I'm there about once a month!

Matzait on rechov hamabit in Geulah, I think they sell tablecloths too.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jan 03 2013, 10:16 am
There's a shop on Malchei Yisrael, but unfortunately I don't know its name. It's maybe 5-10 shops from the end of the shops on the left hand side (looking from Kikar Shabbat in the direction of the tachana merkazit). It has curtains and other linen in the window.
I suggest not buying the cheap tablecloths which look so pretty in the beginning with gold embroidered candlesticks or Shabbat Shalom on them - IME they do not last - the stains don't come out and it's easy to pucker them in the wash. I bought a beautiful white tablecloth in the store I mentioned above for around 100-120 shekels a few years ago (3 meters) and it still looks almost new. Tell him you are willing to pay a little more for better quality.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Mar 31 2018, 7:33 pm
Will stores in Geula be open chol chomoed? If yes does anyone know what time the stores open and close approx? Thanks so much in advance!!

ProudMommie

Post Sun, Apr 01 2018, 2:08 am
Geula is the place for items you mentioned... but ... why shop here if you can buy cheaper in the States? That is typically the case. (edited to chas vshalom avoid all negativity)

Last edited by ProudMommie on Sun, Apr 01 2018, 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 01 2018, 2:16 am
Wow, ProudMommie, you might want to edit your post - it's really, really negative.

amother, stores in Geulah are almost all closed during Chol Hamoed.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 01 2018, 2:57 am
amother wrote:
Wow, ProudMommie, you might want to edit your post - it's really, really negative.

amother, stores in Geulah are almost all closed during Chol Hamoed.

And the experience of buying those things while you're on vacation visiting Yerushalayim is exciting, even if you end up paying more.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 7:15 am
amother wrote:
Will stores in Geula be open chol chomoed? If yes does anyone know what time the stores open and close approx? Thanks so much in advance!!

Most charedi stores are closed on chol ha'moed. Only supermarkets are open and mostly with limited opening hours.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 3:36 pm
ProudMommie wrote:
Geula is the place for items you mentioned... but ... why shop here if you can buy cheaper in the States? That is typically the case. (edited to chas vshalom avoid all negativity)
What a bizarre answer. Why do you think everyone asking about shopping in geula is there on vacation? And not everyone can buy things in the states and not everyone is from the states. Rolling Eyes

flmommy

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 3:58 pm
Not original OP but am person who asked if shops in Geula are open Chol Chomoed. Sooo I am visiting and wondering since clothes stores in Geula won’t be open any other places to shop for tznius ladies clothes and girls? We live way OOT and anything will be better then the choices at home.

jkw

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 4:37 pm
Flmommy,
Also check Center One down the street from the Central Bus Station and the chain stores such as Golbarry, Lord Kitch etc. Also the Mamilla Mall. If the individual clothing stores in Geula and along Strauss/ Yechezkiel are closed.
It is often possible to find tops and even skirts that will work or can be made tznius. HTH.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions