Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Why was there no sugar free non kitniyus gum this year?
1  2  Next

amother
White

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 3:11 pm
I am seriously going nuts. I need my Must sugar free gum. They did not make any that was Kitniyus free this year. I feel like I am in withdrawal, I need gum now!!

EmpireState

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 3:13 pm
I've been saying the same thing... apparently it wasn't imported this year. I've been devouring sugar free sucking candies instead. Hang in there. Just a few more days..

MotherOf4

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 3:42 pm
Same here! I've been chewing toothpicks all week instead and I look ridiculous LOL

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 3:44 pm
The question is, what can we do to avoid this problem next year? To whom do we write? I am not joking!

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 3:47 pm
OMG you mean it's not just my local grocery????? I need gum! Seriously! I guess I'm not the only one in withdrawal. SF candies are just not the same.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 3:52 pm
Let's start a petition to the Must people. And while we're at it, let's ask for something tastier than the fairly vile banana-orange option which was the only one I could find last year.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 4:46 pm
I live in Israel and I couldn’t find it here either! I looked multiple times in multiple stores. None to be had anywhere!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 4:56 pm
We missed it to. The supermarket said they didn't make it this year.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 6:10 pm
no sf gum here neither (europe)

I try to reframe the situation and keep saying: maybe this pessach is the oppertunity to become FREE of my gum adddiction.

amother
White

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 6:51 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
Let's start a petition to the Must people. And while we're at it, let's ask for something tastier than the fairly vile banana-orange option which was the only one I could find last year.

I'm with you. They are totally responsible for my cheating on my diet. I'm serious. By habit, it's what I need to do. I'm in very bad shape, you all probably think I'm nuts. I don't even chew it all day, but it gets me through a hungry spell, or if I'm anxious and want to eat.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 6:54 pm
Count me in. Cra😩

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 7:00 pm
AFAIK Gefen Foods is the distributor for Elite who makes the Must gum.
Send them a message now, while you're passionate about the missing gum. Tongue Out
https://m.facebook.com/GefenFoods/

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 11:47 pm
I was looking for thenmust gum as well. Ended up finding the. Bazooka gum.

debsey

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 1:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Send them a message now, while you're passionate about the missing gum. Tongue Out

You mean, actually take action instead of complaining? what is the world coming to?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 2:27 pm
LOL

lucky14

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 1:34 am
ra_mom wrote:

From the Kedem website it looks like gefen and elite are both kedem brands. Is that true? if so maybe we should be contacting kedem? Or am I wrong about that?
I want to contact someone. I'll totally write an e-mail or message to them. I'm a gum addict who only got through "easily" this year due to gum stashed away in my pesach stuff from last year!

juggling

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 3:14 am
amother wrote:
I live in Israel and I couldn’t find it here either! I looked multiple times in multiple stores. None to be had anywhere!

In Israel must gum is always labelled kitniyot. It was definitely available this year, but with a kitniyot label as usual. YMMV but my Ashkenazi rav said we could chew it, since the kitniyot in such a form is not halachikally kitniyot.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 3:16 am
lucky14 wrote:
From the Kedem website it looks like gefen and elite are both kedem brands. Is that true? if so maybe we should be contacting kedem? Or am I wrong about that?
I want to contact someone. I'll totally write an e-mail or message to them. I'm a gum addict who only got through "easily" this year due to gum stashed away in my pesach stuff from last year!

Yes Gefen is a kedem brand. I would contact gefen since they’re the ones dealing with it. Kedem is probably just the mother company and does not deal with the day to day business. (Or contact both gefen and elite. Like this your message definitely comes across.)

EmpireState

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 8:49 am
Bumping this up from last year. Has anyone found any non kitniyot sugar free gum as of yet?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 8:53 am
Another year with no Must gum. Sad So sad. I looked around but there's only bazooka which kills the teeth.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics