Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
EMERGENCY! Recipe for salt water please?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next

imasoftov

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 4:52 am
Salt does not melt in water. Salt melts at 1474° F. What salt does faster in water as the temperature increases is dissolve.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 7:37 am
amother wrote:
Actually, look it up. I was dead serious. That's how you make crystal clear ice cubes. I made them once and they're beautiful but it's a pain in the neck because I make like 6 trays at a time and boiling distilled water takes more time than going to the sink.

Do try it. Stunning and no air pockets or fog.

You can look it up online first so u see I wasn't kidding.. Hope u try it!

Mauve is 100% right. No joke.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 7:43 am
Cookie Monster wrote:
The salt is not supposed to be melted. You have to SEE the salt.

Exactly. And this is to remind all of us of the splitting of the Red SEA and what we SAW. Anyone talented in gematria could check the numbers.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 8:29 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Exactly. And this is to remind all of us of the splitting of the Red SEA and what we SAW. Anyone talented in gematria could check the numbers.

Check the gematrias of what?

MitzadSheini

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 9:41 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

Yes I see your point about BALANCING the numbers.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 9:58 am
MitzadSheini wrote:
Yes I see your point about BALANCING the numbers.

If you understand her point, could you explain it?

MitzadSheini

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 10:06 am
)She was making a joke about Seasaws. (at least I THINK so- hence my "balance" comment.))

But TBH I didn't get the gematria bit either embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

(I'm tired like everyone else!)

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 10:14 am
imasoftov wrote:

I thought y'all were kidding about this. shock

How is this even a thing? Rolling Eyes

cozyblanket

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 10:57 am
imasoftov wrote:

I thought references to buying salt water were jokes!! Ok, people...I have some fantastically deep wisdom (FDW per Rabbi Keleman) for you.... It dissolves!

cbsp

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 1:11 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I think according to Rabbi Blumenkrant's book all unflavored salt water is kosher lpesach.

Just make sure it's not iodized salt. That's actually not KLP

(or as my DD8 says, idolized.)

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 3:41 pm
just run to the beach & get some natural salty beach water ... be sure to take a dip ~ tzvei muhl cause it's pesach drei muhl if you're machmir - ahber nisht machin mir meshuga !!!

Pita

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 11:02 am
I hesitate to ask, but has this all been a joke or are people serious about needing recipes for salt water and ice? By now I cannot tell.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 11:21 am
Pita wrote:
I hesitate to ask, but has this all been a joke or are people serious about needing recipes for salt water and ice? By now I cannot tell.

Rolling Laughter

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 11:27 am
Seeing up thread the photo of the salt water on the grocery shelf, I showed it to dd.
She looks at the photo and remarks: "they probably put sugar in it to make it taste better."
I burst into peals of uncontrollable laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Forgot to say, she was dead serious. She really believes there's a "recipe" and that the recipe includes sugar.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 11:33 am
andrea levy wrote:
I accidentally used my sole water. People loved it. That’s literally 26% salt!

That's what we used too. I added a pinch of sugar to enhance the salty taste.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 2:11 pm
Pita wrote:

There is a classic recipe for ice cubes circulating, I think on food.com. The comments are priceless. You might also want to check out the banana slicer on Amazon, or rather the comments.

That's all I'll say to answer your question. Wink

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 6:25 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
There is a classic recipe for ice cubes circulating, I think on food.com. The comments are priceless. You might also want to check out the banana slicer on Amazon, or rather the comments.

That's all I'll say to answer your question. Wink

I began to read the reviews on the banana slicer. It was great laughter therapy Rolling Laughter

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 9:23 pm
I can't thank you guys enough for all your help. I got so so many compliments! I need up picking my 3 favorite recipes here and tried them all. So if one guest didn't go for one recipe, they were able to try another.

Huge hit! This recipe is a keeper! A neighbor even gave me a way not to waste the leftover salt water. She told me she saves all the extra water and then boils her eggs in it. So no waste Chas vshalom..

You guys are the best! Chag Kasher V'sameach! And the ice cubes were awesome too, but I sent the leftovers home with my daughter so she can have them for the rest of yom Tov but somehow, they were lost or stolen. There was just a wet spot left in their place. Mystery.

Oh! Anyone with cheesecake recipes please start collecting them.. It's almost that time...

Goldie613

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 11:02 am
Bumping this thread up because the humor of it was great last erev Pesach, so I figured I'd let it get a second go around this year.

:-)

SisterSix

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 11:13 am
I miss JewishFoodie
Page 3 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics