Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Your pesach hotel. Yay or nay!
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 6:08 pm
im happy people enjpoyed their stays!!!

if I had 15 k to spend on a kosher hotel with all extras and cultural programme for all our family members and delicious food, outings, shiurim, concerts I definitely would, but NOT on pessach.

I just LOVE pessach at home. and knowing that I saved over 12,5k (because we did spend money, we hosted tons of guests etc) feels really good lol Wink

but to each their owne and I would probably do the same if I had that money but maybe in the summer instead of pessach

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 6:10 pm
how do you figure 125K?

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 7:11 pm
pesek zman wrote:
It's not without flaws but we are in Spain

I’m surprised you say the price is right then, I would think it would be $$$.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 8:03 pm
amother wrote:
im happy people enjpoyed their stays!!!

if I had 15 k to spend on a kosher hotel with all extras and cultural programme for all our family members and delicious food, outings, shiurim, concerts I definitely would, but NOT on pessach.

I just LOVE pessach at home. and knowing that I saved over 125k (because we did spend money, we hosted tons of guests etc) feels really good lol Wink

but to each their owne and I would probably do the same if I had that money but maybe in the summer instead of pessach

Do you mean pesach cost 12k less at home?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 8:10 pm
amother wrote:
Do you mean pesach cost 12k less at home?

different amother but pesach prob cost me 1000 dollars. first days we were 5 adults 4 kids rest 2 adults 4 kids.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 8:31 pm
My family is very happy with the mandel family program at Pocono manor. It cost us 8k more than it would have at home. Worth it for a once in ten year splurge.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 1:31 am
amother wrote:
I’m surprised you say the price is right then, I would think it would be $$$.

Look into the european programs. Best kept secret in pesach hotels. You'd be shocked by how low the prices are

heidi

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 4:00 am
[quote="pesek zman"]Look into the european programs. Best kept secret in pesach hotels. You'd be shocked by how low the prices are[/quote
I second this. My friend is paying less in Italy with flights from Israel than we are paying in an Israeli hotel. And she has amazing accommodations and food whereas my hotel is ehh.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 4:26 am
[quote="heidi"]
pesek zman wrote:
Look into the european programs. Best kept secret in pesach hotels. You'd be shocked by how low the prices are[/quote
I second this. My friend is paying less in Italy with flights from Israel than we are paying in an Israeli hotel. And she has amazing accommodations and food whereas my hotel is ehh.

This. It's (significantly) cheaper (even worn airfare) with to go to Spain than to go to LI

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 5:33 am
sorry.

I meant I spent around 2,5k (including some new dishes, kids clothes, cleaning help, food for all week for tons of guests, outings etc.)
I feel I splurged . b``H we have this money saved up for pessach every year so far and I do try to find good deals but im not used to spend THAT much during 1 week. so every time I freak out dh calms me down saying well thats cheap compared to spending pessach in italy (he says that in a joking way)

so if I had spent 15 k for a hotelstay I would have spent 12,5k more Smile

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 5:40 am
yes tangerine I agree we could easily make pessach for 1k. but without hosting around 15-20 ppl for each seude. without the luxury of cleaning help, maybe cheaper meat parts etc. I agree it is totally doable. for us pessach is such a special week we prefer to save up for it and spend here rather than later in summer on a holliday. so I guess its a matter of priorities. again b``H we have a regular income that so far covers our expenses and we can set aside money each month for pessach Wink
this way dh can purchase crazy expensive matzah for sederim, we can take kids on several trips on cholhamoyed, rent a car etc. thats why it costs us more than 1k
also it depends on family size and organisation.

I agree 2500 is A LOT. didnt mean to brag just wanted to explain why it costs us more.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 8:18 am
so how much is a european hotel for pesach?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
so how much is a european hotel for pesach?

Let's just say it begins in a 1
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics