Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Is NCSY camp for US?

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Apr 07 2018, 5:40 pm
So I saw a great “adventure” camp in Israel for teen boys run by NCSY. It looks amazing with great trips, learning and davening. I don’t know anything about NCSY but when I googled it I saw it is an Orthodox organization. I also saw that it is an organization that does kiruv for secular high school kids. Does anyone know if the boys who attend the camps are “frum kids, kids on their way to being frum or mainly secular kids?” I honestly wouldn’t want my DS to spend the entire summer being “influenced” by kids who “hang out with girls” and watch everything on TV but wouldn’t be opposed to him spending the summer with kids becoming frum or already frum. Anyone know more info about this organization and the camps they run for kids in high school? Any info would be appreciated!!

jj1236

Post Sat, Apr 07 2018, 9:31 pm
There are a ton of coed Ncsy summer programs for teens so most likely if these families are choosing to send their sons to a boys only Ncsy program, they’re on the more drum side. Ncsy has so many programs. Some are for Kiruv and only public school kids are allowed to go, and other are for Jewish day school kids. What is the name of the program?

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Apr 07 2018, 10:13 pm
BILT program

jj1236

Post Sat, Apr 07 2018, 10:52 pm
As far as I know, BILT is for more orthodox yeshiva day school boys. I would call the people in charge obviously for more info but afaik BILT is a great program. But there will probably also be more "modern" boys who talk to girls and watch movies and tv who go too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children