Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Till what age do they need reminding?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:38 pm
I have to remind my 7 year old to wash his hands after using the bathroom. Is it typical to still need reminders at that age?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 10:39 pm
Ha I have to remind my 16 year old to put on deoderant!

Kids are Kids until they are approximately 25 Smile

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 3:00 am
amother wrote:
I have to remind my 7 year old to wash his hands after using the bathroom. Is it typical to still need reminders at that age?

Yes

justforfun87

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 3:29 am
I still have to remind my husband and he is 31. Smile

littleprincess

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 4:05 am
I have to remind ALL my children to brush their teeth .
Kids like the easy way out .

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 8:18 am
Yes , this is my daily broken tape recorder " Did you wash your hands? Wet your peyos, comb them and put them behind your ears. Wash your face. Brush your teeth. Put your homework in your briefcase. Your coat doesn't belong on the floor. Please put your shoes in your room. Blankets don't go on floors. Clear off your plate and put it in the sink. "... and on and on. This goes for two yr olds to 17 yr olds. Though I have got to say Mr. 17 yr old is beginning to finally "get it" and sounds like me sometimes . I hear him telling his younger siblings "Your dirty clothes belong in the hamper" , Why do I keep stepping on your coat?"...
It's part of the joys of being a mom.

abaker

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 4:36 pm
I hear myself saying "please put the lid down, flush, and wash your hands" like 50 times a day!

octopus

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 4:42 pm
It depends on the kid. Some kids are all about routine and don't need reminding. And some kids need reminding every.single. time.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:
Ha I have to remind my 16 year old to put on deoderant!

Kids are Kids until they are approximately 25 Smile

Yeah. I put the deoderant in his shoes sometimes so when he wakes up he can't have an excuse.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 4:56 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Yeah. I put the deoderant in his shoes sometimes so when he wakes up he can't have an excuse.

And I have to remind my kids that deodorant doesn't replace a shower . Lol.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 6:28 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Yes , this is my daily broken tape recorder " Did you wash your hands? Wet your peyos, comb them and put them behind your ears. Wash your face. Brush your teeth. Put your homework in your briefcase. Your coat doesn't belong on the floor. Please put your shoes in your room. Blankets don't go on floors. Clear off your plate and put it in the sink. "... and on and on. This goes for two yr olds to 17 yr olds. Though I have got to say Mr. 17 yr old is beginning to finally "get it" and sounds like me sometimes . I hear him telling his younger siblings "Your dirty clothes belong in the hamper" , Why do I keep stepping on your coat?"...
It's part of the joys of being a mom.

Yes, im like u. Always repeating....but one of my children will do some of the things needed to be done bc hes more responsible. My others are completely out of routine and irresponsible.

Yes, op, some of us need to constantly remind them, even older kids.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:28 am
7 is ok, occasionally. I wouldn't tell a teen, to wash hands or put on dedorant, especially since second one is a choice not hygiene.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics