Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Getting out of BP in the morning- what is the latest I can

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 6:27 pm
leave?
so my question is 2 fold- am I better off leaving a little earlier but most likely will be more traffic just getting out of BP or leaving later?

I need to be in upper west side @ 10:00 am. coming from 14th ave & mid 50s area..
ideally I would love to put my kids on the bus so I don't have to bother people twice tomorrow- to put my kids on bus & take them off... but they leave around 9:30 so nor realistic I suppose...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 6:28 pm
amother wrote:
leave?
so my question is 2 fold- am I better off leaving a little earlier but most likely will be more traffic just getting out of BP or leaving later?

I need to be in upper west side @ 10:00 am. coming from 14th ave & mid 50s area..
ideally I would love to put my kids on the bus so I don't have to bother people twice tomorrow- to put my kids on bus & take them off... but they leave around 9:30 so nor realistic I suppose...

Leave at 8:30 if you must be on time.

yogabird

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 8:42 pm
Leaving at 9 30 wouldn't get you there even if you were the only car on the road. I think 9 is a reasonable time to leave, but if you absolutely can not be late then leave at 8 30

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 8:43 pm
yogabird wrote:
Leaving at 9 30 wouldn't get you there even if you were the only car on the road. I think 9 is a reasonable time to leave, but if you absolutely can not be late then leave at 8 30

You need to keep in mind the time of day and ensuing traffic. Taking the train to the UWS at that time would need the same time allowance.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Apr 08 2018, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 8:47 pm
I assume youre taking the train, because driving at that time is unpredictable.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:23 pm
Mevater wrote:

If she's talking about traffic, she's obviously not taking the train.

momtra

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:31 pm
FYI: you can put it into Waze, choose the go later option and put the n the time you want to arrive.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:31 pm
I always leave to appts an 1 1/2 before. but I'm just so nervous how my kids will be tom. morn after being off schedule y't and I'll need to leave them with a neighbor, so need to get e/o ready before I leave...
unfortunately I cannot take the train anymore so will be going with car-service.
I'm always early to appointments, but will probably not be a big deal if I get there 10 minutes late.
it just complicates matters to leave my kids so early in the morn, because we have 4 appointments tomorrow, and I will not be back in time for their bus Sad.

back to my question- if I leave at 8:30 will it be better or worse then leaving say at 9:00 or 9:10 in terms of being stuck behind school buses? when is there more traffic? don't want to leave earlier to find myself stuck...
(I know its kind of unpredictable but still, generally when is it busier buses wise etc.)

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:32 pm
momtra wrote:
FYI: you can put it into Waze, choose the go later option and put the n the time you want to arrive.

don't have a smartphone. I'm going with a carservice.

challahchallah

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:
don't have a smartphone. I'm going with a carservice.

You can do the something online at google maps. Select the "Arrive by" option.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 9:57 pm
challahchallah wrote:
You can do the something online at google maps. Select the "Arrive by" option.

that I did earlier today. gave me the time frame it usually takes which is I think 45 min to 1:30...

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 08 2018, 10:05 pm
The traffic out of bp is horrific that time of day. Traffic in the city is also horrific. Esp. on Mondays.
Tell your driver he can use the HOV lane. Taxis with a tlc plate can use the HOV lane when the driver has even only one passenger.
When I go to that area I leave no later than 8:30. You might swing it if you leave at 9, but no guarantees.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 12:46 pm
Mevater wrote:

Neither is the train Smile

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Apr 09 2018, 6:18 pm
Thanks amother honeydew for your tip re HOV lane.
we got there right on time b'H. we left @ 9 & made it out of BP within 10 minutes!!
(and just came home finally!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries