Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Easy eating plan

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 5:20 pm
Does anyone have a simple daily eating plan: breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, that they follow and can share? I think a big part of my challenge in losing weight, is all the thought and preparation, and decisions every day. I am really fine eating simply, like most food, and wouldn't get bored of the same. I just want to eat healthy, while losing weight at at a healthy, reasonable pace.. Thanx!!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 8:43 pm
How much do you weigh? How much do you want to lose? 3 healthy meals in moderation fruits in between. Drink lots of water...people pay a nutritionist lots of money for a reason.
Ok,
Eat 1 cup of Cheerios with 1 cup of milk, or oatmeal (1/2 cup with cinnamon and splenda), a Greek yogurt and coffee with splenda or scrambled eggs with sauteed veges with cooking spray for breakfast.
Fruit
Lunch
6 corn cakes, tuna made with low fat mayo, salad, lettuce tomatoes, chickpeas, red onions and bit of salad dressing.
2 pieces whole wheat or high fiber bread, salmon broiled, salad
Egg salad or hard boiled eggs
Snack ideas
Baby carrots, mango, couple of almonds 8-10, apple, vegetables,

Supper can be chicken bottom with 1/2 cup sweet potato, vegetable soup
Grilled chicken
Turkey patties with quinoa baked with cooking spray onions and frozen spinach
Salmon

Basically, it's all about planning ahead, drinking enough water, filling up on healthy proteins, fiber, carbs, fruits and vegetables, staying away from chocolate, cake, ice cream and cookies, and finding time for exercise.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 8:50 pm
Do you actually want to change *what* you eat? If not, make what you normally do and just eat less of it.

I lost 50 lbs by eating the same things I normally do (with a few exceptions like desserts), just eating less of it. The best thing was that it trained me to eat the amount I need to maintain a healthy weight, so I can just do that now.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 8:50 pm
I am following the new weight watchers freestyle plan.

You can eat unlimmited fruits, veggies, fish, eggs, chicken breasts

Fat (oil) carbs, anything with sugar is very limited

I am loosing 1 lb a wk which is the healthiest way to loose.

It's not a "diet" just a smart eating plan.

In 6 months I'm hoping that I will loose 25 lbs!

I am not walking around hungry - I am eating the right things

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 9:15 pm
Thank you so much.. Lime, your very clear, easy ideas were v helpful.. Thank you. My challenge was always that I'm naturally so disorganized, and planning is so difficult and time consuming for me. I weigh 133 lbs and want to lose 18 lbs.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much.. Lime, your very clear, easy ideas were v helpful.. Thank you. My challenge was always that I'm naturally so disorganized, and planning is so difficult and time consuming for me. I weigh 133 lbs and want to lose 18 lbs.

how tall are you?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 9:39 pm
5 foot 2 inches

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
5 foot 2 inches

I think that officially you are not considered overweight ..

I am 5 ft and 139 and the maximum that I could be for my height is 128 ..it's an extra 5 lbs per inch that is allowed so you can probably go up to 138 and not be overweight

just saying...

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 10:15 pm
If you want to lose weight properly, you need to make time for yourself and eat right. You don't need to eat salad every day but you can eat baby carrots, I put frozen vegetables in the oven with salt and spices and cooking spray or make a vegetable soup with onions carrot squash and a small sweat potato, onion soup mix and salt and puree. Stock your house with yummy fruits and vegetables that are easy to grab and that you enjoy like apples, grape tomatoes, etc. Very Happy

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 10:22 pm
Thanx. I may not be officially overweight, but I'm very small boned, and don't feel good at this weight, which I've gained over the last few years, and my clothes are too tight. I need to fit into them.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 11:29 pm
The only way I lose weight is

For breakfast
I eat 2 eggs every morning
fruit cantaloupe, apple, pineapple
Coffee and almond milk

Lunch
Protein- usually left over from dinner
Huge Salad with olive oil and vinegar

Snack
Baby carrots, celery, pepper slices, etc. raw veggies.

Dinner
Protein- chicken, meat ground or steak, fish, turkey.
Cooked veggie or veggie soup
Huge Salad with olive oil and vinegar

I lose very slowly, about 1 lb a week, it’s hard and I get frustrated and stop
The heart desires

Someone lent me a book “Eat Hot, Look Hot”
It talks about eating spicy foods can raise your metabolism. It’s worth a try, I like spicy.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 7:47 pm
Op-Ginger, wow, I can relate.

I'm also 5"2, weigh a bit more, like 137. In certain clothes, I wouldn't look overweight, but I'm also very petite, very out of shape, & have way extra fat, low muscle tone where it's easily concealed in tzinius dress.

While haven't measured in years, no doubt I have a too high body/fat index.
.I don't think there's some size fits all, but what I'm trying to do is:
- get more exercise, glad it's warming up again now, & diet wise:
- fluid upon awakening, lemon water, herbal & or green tea is a good way to start
- Oatmeal, eggs in a.m.
- More water in between meals
- Fruit snack
- Lunch or supper without a grain/starch
- Before bed something easy to digest like milk, apple sauce. Going to sleep with either an empty stomach, or just a light easy to digest snack is supposed to assist in weight loss, sleeping better too so body isn't busy digesting while sleeping, & then more rested etc

gr8Life

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 12:35 am
Recently learned that carbs are too harsh in the morning when your metabolism is still "asleep", even oatmeal. So I'm doing something like this and BH started to loose weight.
7:30 am Breakfast - cottage cheese w/ flax seeds (optional mix in plain coco powder) or big omelet with 1 egg and 3 more egg whites and vegetables
9:30 am Snack - veggie like carrots or snap peas and a few nuts
11:30 am Lunch - big salad with carbs like quinoa, or brown rice, or sprouted grain slice of bread and lots of protein like tuna, or chicken, or tofurky
2 pm Snack - veggie and nuts or, if craving sweets, a fruit
6 pm Dinner - cooked veggies like in a soup or grilled squash, eggplant or fresh big salad and lots of protein like chicken, meat, fish or even eggs.
Drink lots of water.
The best part I stopped feeling hungry and craving junk and sweets after just 3 days! That's what going off processed sugar and empty carbs does to you! Hatzlaha!
P.S. I also feel like Pesach is a great time to eat healthy

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 1:09 am
OP, do you feel like you eat too much, or that you are eating the wrong things?

As others have said, lean meat, eggs, fish, fruits, and veggies are all good. Limit dairy, carbs, and sugars. Leafy green vegetables are especially good for you, and can help detoxify your liver. Berries are generally low in sugar, and very high in antioxidants.

If portions are a problem, cut your meals in half, and make yourself wait at least 30 minutes before having seconds. It takes about a half an hour for the signals to get from your stomach to your brain to let you know that you've had enough to eat. You'll be surprised that you're not as hungry as you thought you were.

Don't be tempted to skip meals! Several small meals will keep your metabolism going. This is where I always get caught, because I have a hard time eating in the morning, and get too sidetracked to have lunch. This means I'm in serious blood sugar crash by dinner. This makes my body think "Eeeek, famine time! Hold on to that fat!" Which is the total opposite of what we want, of course.

Even if you hate exercising, walking just 15 minutes a day can make a difference in getting your metabolism in gear. It's not so much about burning calories, but more about getting oxygen into your blood and making you feel better.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 5:10 am
Heres what works for me
I try to have in mind bf I fall asleep what I will eat for bkfast lunch and supper the next day.
Try each wk to prep one or two staples ex grill a couple pieces of salmon or cut up and roast a bunch fo sweet potatoes etc.
Stick to one small carb a day so if I have oatmeal for bkfast with fruit than no more carbs that day. Have low fat houmas and sliced veg at the ready....wholegrain low fat crackers for when u need more than just a veg snack.
Dont eat anything out of a bottle. Ao on salads just fresh lemon and garlic salt....or spices. No ketchup, mayo etc. No bread. I have maybe a slice a wk wholemal only.
Eggs r a good bkfast very filling.
Also I try eat 2 bigger meals and 2 smaller or im hungry in between.
Ex bkfast oatmeal and skimmed milk.
Lunch salmon and greens
Mid afternoon 2 crackers and houmas and veg
Eve chicken and sweet potatoe and another veg.
In between will be 2 pieces of fruit a day.
Lots of water. No caffeine. Hot water and honey/lemon in eve.

Does that help

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 11:02 am
Lime another, what did you mean by: turkey pattie with quinoa baked with Pam onions and frozen spinach? It sounds great, but could you please provide details? How do you make this? Recipe? Thanx!

ladYdI

Post Tue, Apr 10 2018, 11:36 am
Years ago I went to Rochelle the nutritionist and have been sort of following her style ever since. You eat 5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours. Every meal must have a protein and a carb. Healthy fats, nuts and avocado 2-3 a day.
If it’s a small meal you shud eat your next one 2-2 1/2 hours later. If it’s bigger than wait 3 but never more than 3. And you must eat as soon as you wake up to start your metabolism.
And you must write everything down and try to write up your daily plan the night befor or in the morn. I would split my meals into 2.
Supper
5:00 salad with avocado and rice cakes.
7:30 chicken w broccoli
And no eating 2-3 hours before bed.
Same w breakfast
8:00 oatmeal w milk. Or oatmeal w water and chees
10:30 ww bread with peanut butter

Some examples

Cereal w milk
String cheese and veg
Chumus w carrots
Peanut butter w apple
Chicken w broccoli
Fish w rice
Meat w sw potato
Chicken w veg soup
Salad w chic peas
12 Almonds w orange
Soy chips, Popcorn are allowed

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 3:32 pm
Thanx for all these great ideas! I'd still love the turkey parties with quinoa and onions and frozen spinach recipe.. or any other very quick easy recipes .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise