Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What type of clay?

esther11

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 10:28 am
I’m looking to do a clay project with my class, I was thinking either air dry or oven bake.
The sets I see are either very small or no drying...anyone have a product t recommend?

Thanks!

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 12:47 pm
What type of project?
Crayola model magic air dries and is fun to work with, and you can buy it in large class size packages.

esther11

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 12:51 pm
I’m not entirely sure yet...it’s with a 5th grade boys class and doesn’t have to be related to what they are learning in class. I’m thinking of maybe having them create some type of animal, already discovered or of their own creation 😀
Does the crayola model magic stick well to itself? Meaning can they afix a head or legs to the body or will it keep falling off? Really I don’t mind using glue if needed...

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 1:11 pm
There may be some trick to getting it to stick better, but it does sometimes fall apart at seams and needs re-gluing. I've had pretty good experiences, though. And the feel is really nice, it's soft and easy to work with.

esther11

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 1:51 pm
Tysm!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics