Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Share a shiur! Tell us about good shiurim you discover
1  2  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 11:26 am
At the moment, I'm enjoying this series: https://torahdownloads.com/c-7.....r=374

I wasn't looking for a heavy, hashkafa/machshava shiur. I wanted an enjoyable series to keep listening to as I go about my day, but I also wanted it to be educational. This is perfect and I'm really enjoying so far. I feel like I'm refreshing my knowledge of Tanach and doing something good with my mind.

Please share your favorite shiurim on any topic!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 12:05 pm
I love anything by Rabbi Orlofsky. He has a way of making you think deeply but he is so humorous that his shiurim are really enjoyable and don't feel heavy.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 12:25 pm
Here's another series I enjoyed in the past: Know What to Answer Yourself, by Rabbi Dovid Sapirman. He does a good job covering the fundamentals of emunah, why we believe in Hashem and the Torah, etc.

It used to be available on one of the websites but I don't find it anymore. I think some of them might be available here: http://patentlyjewish.com/beli.....ries/

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 1:03 pm
Thanks, OP, I always feel that I should learn Nach better after having not paid much attention to the already small amount covered in grade school.

Another thread here linked to raizelreitshiurim.wordpress.com where I really gained a lot from the shmiras halashon series (I finished the ones on the website but I hear there is a way to continue the series by phone.) They're so practical and relevant, and it's organized by things like character traits rather than a sequence of laws, so it helps you work on it in a realistic way.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 1:34 pm
Rabbi Moshe Weinberger's shiurim are something truly special. He talks in such a deep and heartfelt way and even in an audio recording online I feel he is speaking to my soul.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 1:38 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Rabbi Moshe Weinberger's shiurim are something truly special. He talks in such a deep and heartfelt way and even in an audio recording online I feel he is speaking to my soul.

Which topics? Can you please share a link?

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Apr 11 2018, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
Which topics? Can you please share a link?

There are hundreds... put his name into the search bar on yutorah.org

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:30 am
I enjoy R' Fishel Shachter's weekly parsha shiurim on TorahAnytime.com. He's so funny! I always end up laughing out loud and repeating parts to DH.

momnaturally

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 9:10 am
I like the bitachon hotline.
732 719 3898
You have to appreciate it. Some love it like me some just don't relate to it.
I soak it up every day. The question answer section is most people's favorite.

sallytd

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 9:13 am
I get the daily emunah email of a quick 5 minutes written and recording of rav David ashear. It gives me a quick boost just what I need everyday.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 12:27 pm
sallytd wrote:
I get the daily emunah email of a quick 5 minutes written and recording of rav David ashear. It gives me a quick boost just what I need everyday.

I used to get this but for some reason it stopped coming. Are you able to send a link so I can try to resubscribe?

disneyland

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 2:32 pm
I really like Esther Baila Shwartz. You can Google her name and find a few of her shiurim

BesteMama

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 6:06 pm
Rabbi dror or rabbi Brody

sallytd

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
I used to get this but for some reason it stopped coming. Are you able to send a link so I can try to resubscribe?

Sorry I'm not sure how to get a link but you can either sign up online at www.dailyemunah.com or send a request to subscribe@dailyemunah.com

smss

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 7:41 pm
disneyland wrote:
I really like Esther Baila Shwartz. You can Google her name and find a few of her shiurim

I also love Rebbetzin Schwartz, she has tons of shiurim on Torah Anytime.

momtra

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:25 pm
http://classic.yutorah.org/aff.....D=348

Living with emunah series.rabbi Efrem Goldberg

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:49 am
Wonderful short talk about the importance of acting with derech eretz even when you are having a bad day.

By Rav Shay Schachter

http://download2.yutorah.org/2.....2.MP3

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 2:57 am
Dr David Lieberman on torah anytime.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 3:06 am
I like Rabbi Yosef Viener on Nach from Torahanytime. Or most else.
Rabbi Orlofsky is great, he takes heavy things and makes them palatable.

I like speakers who are real. I don’t like being lectured at or patronized (moshich will come because of the chashuve nashim tzidjaniyos like you ...)

That’s why I prefer to find a good series.

I follow a few lecturers on torahanytime.

heidi

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 4:10 am
In my opinion, no one beats Rabbi Berel Wein. Hundreds of lectures on hundreds of topics. He is clear, concise, funny and so incredibly knowledgeable.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational