Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Eye glasses monsey

behappy2

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 4:04 pm
Good price asks good selection
List the three best stores you recommend
Thanks!

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 4:12 pm
I have used Bright View for many years for kids and adults. You get great service if the place is quiet. They recently gave me problems using my (private) insurance in their store.

I found a store near Palisades Mall that happily accepts my insurance, and guarantees the kids for one year.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 7:13 pm
I use Main street optical. I am very happy with them. I heard refuah has a great glasses store also.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 12 2018, 7:36 pm
My DS that wears glasses insists on only using then glasses store at Refuah Health Center. They are easy to work with.

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 5:33 am
thunderstorm wrote:
My DS that wears glasses insists on only using then glasses store at Refuah Health Center. They are easy to work with.

The problem is that it is hard to get an appointment. I tried, and the appointments were like seven months out.

DS And DH had great luck at Lens For Less. I ended up over paying at a place with lousy service.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 6:08 am
Bright view optical has great prices.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 6:17 am
Squishy wrote:
The problem is that it is hard to get an appointment. I tried, and the appointments were like seven months out.

DS And DH had great luck at Lens For Less. I ended up over paying at a place with lousy service.

You don't need an appointment to buy glasses. I got a prescription from my own eye doctor and just use them for glasses. I'm very happy with the selection.

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 6:33 am
amother wrote:
You don't need an appointment to buy glasses. I got a prescription from my own eye doctor and just use them for glasses. I'm very happy with the selection.

Ahhh... I didn't know that. I ended up paying $825 for glasses and a starter pack of contacts. Then it took weeks to get.

Can you just walk in?

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 6:48 am
Squishy wrote:
Ahhh... I didn't know that. I ended up paying $825 for glasses and a starter pack of contacts. Then it took weeks to get.

Can you just walk in?

Ouch that's a lot of money.
Yes, you walk in, sign in on a little screen with your name and what you're there for and wait your turn. The wait's not bad unless you come erev yontif. I've had times my glasses were ready same day but I have an easy prescription I don't know the timeline for specialty lenses.
I don't wear contacts but I think you just order them at the counter if you have a valid prescription.

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 9:27 am
amother wrote:
Ouch that's a lot of money.
Yes, you walk in, sign in on a little screen with your name and what you're there for and wait your turn. The wait's not bad unless you come erev yontif. I've had times my glasses were ready same day but I have an easy prescription I don't know the timeline for specialty lenses.
I don't wear contacts but I think you just order them at the counter if you have a valid prescription.

I know, and I have insurance. I need light weight, scratch proof, and no lines. It is ridiculously expensive, but I was desperate because it was right before yom tov. The customer service was atrocious. Only when I threatened to cancel my credit card payment did they respond.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:44 pm
My DC just got first script for glasses - low number with astigmatism. Do people trust Refuah to handle the script well? And their prices and selection are good? I do know about the two stores on main street, I'm just hoping this is cheaper.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:53 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
My DC just got first script for glasses - low number with astigmatism. Do people trust Refuah to handle the script well? And their prices and selection are good? I do know about the two stores on main street, I'm just hoping this is cheaper.

For astigmatism I'd go to Main Street optical.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:03 pm
I'm almost sure that you need to see a Refuah doctor to get glasses at the Refuah glasses store.

amother
Lily

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:26 pm
Mr. Rosenberg is great! (sorry I don't have contact info) he sells from his house.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 4:40 am
amother Blonde wrote:
I'm almost sure that you need to see a Refuah doctor to get glasses at the Refuah glasses store.

I took my son there last year with a script from a dr and they had no issue selling me glasses.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 4:41 am
My son is asking me to take him to a newish store - I think he thought it's in town square. But I cannot seem to find it online. Anyone have info?

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 4:53 am
amother Lightpink wrote:
My son is asking me to take him to a newish store - I think he thought it's in town square. But I cannot seem to find it online. Anyone have info?

Envision. It's in the front strip

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 4:55 am
amother Blonde wrote:

I never use their Dr. Always their optical
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries