Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shul in San Jose

amother

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 11:57 pm
Anyone hear of the shul "Am Echad" in San Jose? Does it have a halachically kosher mechitza? Does it have consistent minyanim?

Thanks

bashinda

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 4:59 pm
The mechitza was fine if this is the shul with Rabbi Lapine. Nice shul. A bit confusing as they don't daven with my nusach but for most people they do daven with their nusach (ashkenaz). Very friendly people. I don't know more. I'm sure they're on the web. You could try and call them.
they have a website www.amechad.org

I think you'll do best contacting them directly. Have a great time!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 5:41 pm
Thank you so much, bashinda.

bashinda

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 6:14 pm
No problem! Smile

twinkltoes

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 5:19 am
Yes, I know of it. I grew up in San Jose but by the time we started becoming observant, that shul was too far for us to walk so we never attended although we knew people at the time who did attend.

Sparkle

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 12:15 pm
Rabbi Lapin is not the Rabbi anymore although he and his family are still there. The Rabbi is a Rabbi Levine and everything is halachikly kosher. I live nearby.

bashinda

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 5:48 pm
Oh thanks for the information. I had no idea that happened. Of course if I'm ever in the area I probably won't be able to make it as my mother as since moved to the hills and it's probably not a doable walk at all. I remember the community being really nice. I got to go to Rebbetzin Lapin's shiur and a motzei shabbos event.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics