Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Yellow and gold thing does it really really work?
Previous  1  2

happinessseeker

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 11:03 am
imasoftov wrote:
So no one is going to explain the "gold thing"?

Putting gold jewelry on the baby is supposed to bring down the levels. I didn’t do this but was told to.

Apparently it’s a kind of “folk treatment”: Various amulets are also used in North American folk medicine against jaundice. Some of these were made up of metals such as a copper necklace, or coin worn around the neck (UCLA Folklore Archives, record number 11_6404; Hatfield, 2004); gold piece of $ 5 strapped to the chest, or red beets worn round the neck (Puckett, 1981).

I guess I didn’t do anything wrong by skipping thi “treatment”!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 11:06 am
OP, I'm curious what country you are in, and why your doctor is not explaining basic science to you. It's very concerning!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 11:07 am
happinessseeker wrote:
Putting gold jewelry on the baby is supposed to bring down the levels. I didn’t do this but was told to.

Apparently it’s a kind of “folk treatment”: Various amulets are also used in North American folk medicine against jaundice. Some of these were made up of metals such as a copper necklace, or coin worn around the neck (UCLA Folklore Archives, record number 11_6404; Hatfield, 2004); gold piece of $ 5 strapped to the chest, or red beets worn round the neck (Puckett, 1981).

I guess I didn’t do anything wrong by skipping thi “treatment”!

I've never heard of this. My DS had his bris on time. He was jaundiced but the doctors told us what to do, and it worked. It didn't involve any hocus pocus.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics