Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Maternity Leave/Family Leave

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 5:36 am
If I take maternity leave/family leave and get paid from the government and then decide I dont want to go back to work after it is up what happens to that money I received? Do I have to pay it back? (NJ)

vicki

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 6:58 am
No. It is yours. It's for just that. A leave. When it is up you can go back to work or stay home. You were an employee at the time of the leave.
You just cannot get paid by work at the same time you are getting paid for family leave.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 7:07 am
Thanks so much, my maternity leave is up and I wanted to apply for family leave also but at this point Im not sure I'm going back so I was a little nervous what would happen.
Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 7:49 am
Family leave on unpaid where I live (NY)

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 7:55 am
Don't want to hijack this thread, but in NY if I get two months paid maternity leave and then decide not to go back to work because I find it too difficult, is my boss paying for that maternity leave or was this coming straight from the state . I wouldn't want my boss to have to pay anything and cause them to have a loss because of that.

vicki

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 8:25 am
It's not uncommon to use the Family Leave period to think over longer term plans. Sometimes it includes not returning to work. Often people change their mind between the start of their leave and the end.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:09 am
pesek zman wrote:
Family leave on unpaid where I live (NY)

Not anymore.
For 2018, You get 50% of your paycheck up to $650. Go NY! Best FMLA policy in the U.S.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 9:02 pm
Hi,

Does anyone have details of the current NY Family leave program? It seems I can just take family leave/bonding time off and NOT take any disability. I believe my employer does NOT have a private plan so would be receiving from the sate. Would I get 6 weeks or 10 weeks paid?!

BTW, is it really the best in the USA as a previous poster wrote Is it better then NJ btw? (I received NJ Family leave after my other kids so curious!)

Anyone with any info?

TIA!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 4:12 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have details of the current NY Family leave program? It seems I can just take family leave/bonding time off and NOT take any disability. I believe my employer does NOT have a private plan so would be receiving from the sate. Would I get 6 weeks or 10 weeks paid?!

BTW, is it really the best in the USA as a previous poster wrote Is it better then NJ btw? (I received NJ Family leave after my other kids so curious!)

Anyone with any info?

TIA!!

Effective July 2020 disability in NJ is going up to 85% and u can take off up to 18 weeks (temp disability + family leave)! (Though legally employor only has to hold your job for 12 weeks. This is based on HR attorney that my office consulted)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics