Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Podiatrist for ingrown toenails in Yerushalayim

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 1:19 am
Can anyone recommend one? My daughter desperately needs someone who can treat her ingrown toenails properly and end this saga... She's been to two doctors already that we weren't happy with. TIA!

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 1:30 am
Yes, I can get the details for you.

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 1:30 am
There's some podiatrist named Hillel Gluch who advertises in Torah Tidbits (a weekly parsha sheet) who specializes in ingrown toenails.

I have no personal experience with him.

https://hillelgluch.com/

hila

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 1:51 am
Or Daniel Weisz. He used to be on the Kupa (meuhedet) but I think he only sees privately now

mandksima

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 3:05 am
Hillel Gluch is a great podiatrist. I know him personally and have had him treat me.

For ingrown toenails, I have had the doctors only recommend pulling the root which takes away some of the nail. Once, when at a reflexologist/natural healer, I complained that I had a sore big toe and to please work around it and not press on it. He saw it and told me he'll fix that easily. He took a toenail clipper and cut a V shape into the middle of the top of the nail a little bit into the skin area. He says as the nail grows, it will pull it in an up direction now and the pain will go away. He was right! It didn't take long and I went from limping around to pain free soon after. I couldn't believe the doctor said to pull the root and not try this simple fix first! They totally don't care about the patient and just want the problem permanently gone. It was worth it for me not to return and schedule a mini surgery and try this first!

My ingrown toenail has come back and I keep doing this treatment. It keeps it at bay. Yes, I could just pull the root and risk part of my nail never growing back but I'd rather not. Just a good option to know about!

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 3:38 am
mandksima wrote:
Hillel Gluch is a great podiatrist. I know him personally and have had him treat me.

For ingrown toenails, I have had the doctors only recommend pulling the root which takes away some of the nail. Once, when at a reflexologist/natural healer, I complained that I had a sore big toe and to please work around it and not press on it. He saw it and told me he'll fix that easily. He took a toenail clipper and cut a V shape into the middle of the top of the nail a little bit into the skin area. He says as the nail grows, it will pull it in an up direction now and the pain will go away. He was right! It didn't take long and I went from limping around to pain free soon after. I couldn't believe the doctor said to pull the root and not try this simple fix first! They totally don't care about the patient and just want the problem permanently gone. It was worth it for me not to return and schedule a mini surgery and try this first!

My ingrown toenail has come back and I keep doing this treatment. It keeps it at bay. Yes, I could just pull the root and risk part of my nail never growing back but I'd rather not. Just a good option to know about!

It’s preferable for many reasons to have a permanent solution. Ingrown infected toenails affect the lymphatic system.
For a permanent solution a podiatrist will kill the root with laser or acid. No the nail will not grow on that side but it’s not visible .
I have had all sides of my big toe nails done & so have several of my children. We are all pain free & no longer need to see a podiatrist.

mandksima

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 3:50 am
I had to look that up. My toes never got red and full of pus, that's a bad infection already and honestly by that point, the pain would be so great, one would beg for a permanent solution. My toe just gets sore to the touch and isn't even red. I suppose it's at the beginning before an infection takes hold. This solution reverses it at this point. I would not suggest this if someone has a bad infection already but more as a preventative measure. Thanks for pointing that out!

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 4:18 am
Hillel Gluch is the person I heard recommended

malkaf

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 4:39 am
Cannot recommend Dr. Hillel Gluch warmly enough! He is such a mentsch, and a highly skilled podiatrist. Worth it even if you have to go private.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 11:20 am
I love reading all of these recommendations for Hillel Gluch. I live in the same yishuv as him and his family and besides for being great at what he does, he is a metcsh as well.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 11:38 am
Thank you everyone for your help.
Culturedpearls - did you use Dr Gluch yourself, or you only heard about him? Who did you use?
It seems like Dr Gluch is the front runner here, my issue is that I'm not sure that I can afford him! If a root needs to be burned off - the fee is 1,500 shekel for one side of the toe and 2,000 for both! That's a bit steep for me! Does anyone know if he would give a discount if I would ask for one?
Hila - did you use Dr Weisz? What can you tell me about him.

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 12:28 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you everyone for your help.
Culturedpearls - did you use Dr Gluch yourself, or you only heard about him? Who did you use?
It seems like Dr Gluch is the front runner here, my issue is that I'm not sure that I can afford him! If a root needs to be burned off - the fee is 1,500 shekel for one side of the toe and 2,000 for both! That's a bit steep for me! Does anyone know if he would give a discount if I would ask for one?
Hila - did you use Dr Weisz? What can you tell me about him.

My daughter in law used Hillel Gluch (Hashem makes shidduchim. What are the chances of having 2 people with in grown toe nails marry!).
She highly recommends . She had the root burnt off. No idea about discounts. This is going back quite a few years now. We don’t live in EY & I shopped around plenty for myself & my kids. A good podiatrist is worth their weight in gold.

jflower

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 6:18 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0PvAWY8aRI

Following these instructions & lifting the toenail so that I could put cotton underneath saved me from a trip to the podiatrist. Eventually the nail grew longer & bypassed the trouble spot.

I've had to do this several times on both sides of my big toes but am trouble-free now. I hope it works for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions